Dania anglers Watch Out!

PottymouthPottymouth Posts: 1,547 Officer
Keep an eye on your gear, unfortunately I was got, was not paying attention and my mirage drive was stolen right out my truck found it later on CL, Billy the thief was trying to sell it back to me when i got to his apartment(a few blocks from dania pier) he asked what are u here for i got a lot of stuff on CL made up a whole story how it was given to him and it came off an old 97 hobie(a v2 2012 drive with the plastic assist guides) When I called bull he switched his story stating he found it on public land and finders keepers. Anyways I see this guy at the beach all the time looking for an opportunity or someone not paying attention. He is a short stubby tan beach bum with dreads. Just an FYI...
sfkglogo.pngadrenalinelogo.pngjimyjigslogo.jpgaccuratelogo.png

Replies

• FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    Did he give it back or did you buy it back? I would have whooped that ***.
  • quatinquatin Posts: 595 Officer
    Take a picture and post it up here if you see him again.
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    quatin wrote: »
    Take a picture and post it up here if you see him again.

I agree. We should make a joke out of this guy. Everyone should know who he is.
  • CookinmanCookinman Posts: 880 Officer
    Potty - My buddy Kieth is the BSO that patrols that area - usually on the 4 wheeler. Send me your # - Ill send u his - He would love to hear this kinda stuff.
  • timmcollinstimmcollins Posts: 826 Officer
    Set him up and bust him! I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate thieves:mad
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"
  • Cerveza S BuenoCerveza S Bueno Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    Post his pic and address
  • jivariejivarie Posts: 127 Officer
    Sounds like it's time for an old fashioned mob. I got the torches, anybody want to bring the pitchforks?
    http://www.reddit.com/r/kayakfishing - Help the kayakfishing community grow!
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    jivarie wrote: »
    Sounds like it's time for an old fashioned mob. I got the torches, anybody want to bring the pitchforks?

Potty has his address, send it to Capt. Yak as well...never know when a patrol car might roll by haha
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

"Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

2013 Hobie Outback
  • kayakanglerkayakangler Posts: 207 Officer
    dude that sucks. sorry to hear that. what a scum bag. you should but a flamming bag of dog crap on his door step.
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,294 Moderator
    ****!
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • cmaustin80cmaustin80 Posts: 90 Greenhorn
    Shoulda left him with a black eye so he'd be easier to spot in the crowd...Nothing worse than a theif
    Chad
  • mackerelmaniacmackerelmaniac Posts: 119 Officer
    Sorry that happen. Thats one of the reasons I don't go to Dania or john Loyd I have seen so many people get their stuff stolen there. Its sad because there aren't too many places to put in and when you are in the water for a few hours you don't want to be worried about your crap. hope you get it resolved Rob. Try the BSO someone recommended.
    I really do think you should post his CL email or something so we know to avoid buying stolen merchandise!
    Heroes On the Water

FREEDOM CAPTURED!

>

2013 Hobie Outback
  • PottymouthPottymouth Posts: 1,547 Officer
    I resolved it, I'm just given an FYI. He's a 5 ft white guy beer belly with shoulder long dreads really tanned. Beach bum.i probably see him on the beach 1-2x a week while fishing. As for his link on CL just type kayak and the drive add will pop up its very rare someone selling just a drive.
  • Captain YakCaptain Yak Posts: 679 Officer
    Rob, Good post to keep people aware. I confronted a guy on a bike early one morning in the Dania parking lot who was snooping around. If you see something odd, call the police... Since I am the police, I just confront em... theaves don't like to be noticed. As for your incident... That guy could have faced three different felonies. It's a Burglary to steal from the bed of a pick up truck, Grand Larceny (theft over $300) since that drive is an arm and a leg..., and they could have set up the buy for Dealing in Stolen Property. All good hefty FELONY charges. Hopefully there won't be a next time and at least you got it back.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If you don't lose, you will eventually win.
    - Helio Gracie

Links:
    YouTube - SoFlo Kayak Fishing
    Valente Brother's Jiu-Jitsu Fort Lauderdale
    Rob, Good post to keep people aware. I confronted a guy on a bike early one morning in the Dania parking lot who was snooping around. If you see something odd, call the police... Since I am the police, I just confront em... theaves don't like to be noticed. As for your incident... That guy could have faced three different felonies. It's a Burglary to steal from the bed of a pick up truck, Grand Larceny (theft over $300) since that drive is an arm and a leg..., and they could have set up the buy for Dealing in Stolen Property. All good hefty FELONY charges. Hopefully there won't be a next time and at least you got it back.

I didn't know it was a burglary to steal out of the bed of a truck....good to know (not that I'd do it, just general knowledge :rotflmao)

I still think we could set up a sting haha
    Heroes On the Water

FREEDOM CAPTURED!

>

2013 Hobie Outback
  • Captain YakCaptain Yak Posts: 679 Officer
    ZimmerNole wrote: »
    I didn't know it was a burglary to steal out of the bed of a truck....good to know (not that I'd do it, just general knowledge :rotflmao)

I still think we could set up a sting haha

Yep... Reaching into the bed of a pickup is considered entering the vehicle. No different than putting your hand through the window.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If you don't lose, you will eventually win.
    - Helio Gracie

Links:
    YouTube - SoFlo Kayak Fishing
    Valente Brother's Jiu-Jitsu Fort Lauderdale
    Yep... Reaching into the bed of a pickup is considered entering the vehicle. No different than putting your hand through the window.

Makes perfect sense, just never knew the law was in place.

Learned something today from my favorite LEO yak fisherman
    Heroes On the Water

FREEDOM CAPTURED!

>

2013 Hobie Outback
  • Android77Android77 Posts: 474 Deckhand
    A dollar an hour for a parking space and the only time you see Cops is when they want to have a union meeting around the pier after something has already happened.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
  • CookinmanCookinman Posts: 880 Officer

My little brother, many years ago, reached through the open window of this dudes car, turned it off and told him thnat he wasnt done talking to him yet.....lol, Which of course didnt end well for him.

The charges he faced were like " HOLY CRAP - just for THAT ?!!!? " lol
    The 'reach-in' is a big no no. :nono

Potty - seriously, When you are around at Dania- look for Kieth, he is one of the good guys. He'd wanna know who to look out for - in fact prolly already knows the deuche....Most police i know have a good idea who is slimy in their areas.
  • locoloco Posts: 1,294 Officer
    I think you should have gotten the police involved.. get this POS off the street. I would love to have seen it when you told him you where there to get your stuff back! That had to be interesting!

Lady down the street from me got her house robbed and caught the ******bag on facebook. God bless the interwebs!
  • Lt.FireDogLt.FireDog Posts: 1,112 Officer
    Android77 wrote: »
    A dollar an hour for a parking space and the only time you see Cops is when they want to have a union meeting around the pier after something has already happened.
    Yep, that Sir was a constructive, well thought out comment..........
  • PottymouthPottymouth Posts: 1,547 Officer
    This POS called the police on me stating I stoled it from him. That he found it on public land and is claiming finders keepers. Now I have to deal with the police. Incredible.
  • PeacockFeverPeacockFever Posts: 227 Officer
    I avoid dania pier at all costs, and I will never ever EVER!! fish that pier again in my life! that parking lot is loaded with scumbags, tow trucks that are itching to tow you away even if you still have time left on the ticket, that's grand theft auto!!! plus city workers who are money hungry and will ticket your car for no reason whatsoever!! I remember one afternoon coming back to my car to find a parking citation on my windshield claiming I had no parking permit visible, you know what's funny about this, the citation was pinned under my wiper and right below it on my dashboard was my parking ticket being CLEARLY displayed!!! Smh.. I swear they're either blind, stupid, money hungry or all of the above. fought that citation in court and easily won! f*** that place! they have lost my business!!
    There's no such thing as too much bait!
  • CannibleCannible Posts: 358 Officer
    I'm sure their is a serial number on it that you can track. That will prove where you purchase the item.
  • quatinquatin Posts: 595 Officer
    Pottymouth wrote: »
    This POS called the police on me stating I stoled it from him. That he found it on public land and is claiming finders keepers. Now I have to deal with the police. Incredible.

The police actually called you with "finders keepers?". Is that a real thing? I thought it only worked on the play ground.
  • Poseidon10/31Poseidon10/31 Posts: 936 Officer

Just etch in your initials and claim they were there the whole time, and that's how you knew it was your mirage drive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • locoloco Posts: 1,294 Officer
    Time for you to tell the police about all the other stuff you saw in his appt... Should have called the popo first!
    Just etch in your initials and claim they were there the whole time, and that's how you knew it was your mirage drive.

This x2

Well **** that guy, I'd get the LEO here on the forums involved.

Does he have other chit for sale on CL?
    Heroes On the Water

FREEDOM CAPTURED!

>

2013 Hobie Outback
  • YaktalesYaktales Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    Glad to see things havn't changed much in 25 years. I am originally from Ft laud area and now live in Central Florida. Have seen some of the reports and been considering coming down and getting together with some of you guys to do some beach launches. Thanks for the heads up. I will make sure not to leave anything of value accessible.