5/23 Frog Fishing

johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,400 Admiral
May is the right time for throwing those buzz frogs.

23"

pfVTCZg.jpg

XNdhKa5.jpg

smaller fish ,lost another one about this size at my feet... 7:30pm to 8:00pm.

3G5RrvX.jpg

Replies

• Austins26Austins26 Posts: 1,989 Captain
    tight wurk kermit time
    The Original HOTD poster
    680k views 360 plus posts Deleted by a so called Mod over a little cleavage

member since Oct 1998 long before most of You
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,826 Moderator
    Dang , them's some good 'uns. Does that hook weight slide ?
    "You'll get your weather"
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,400 Admiral
    capt louie wrote: »
    Dang , them's some good 'uns. Does that hook weight slide ?

Yep, it slides. I crimp it with a pair of pliers so it won't slide forward.
    5/0 1/8oz owner twistlock
  • InshoreHandlerInshoreHandler Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Nice catch! I had a very solid day of frog fishing On May 9th 30-40 fish from .5 to 7lbs they were only hitting frogs that looked similar to yours. I had 3 baggies of these frogs I got from a flea market (unmarked package) and I'm trying to figure out what manufacturer they are from cause after I ran out of them they wouldn't hit any of my other frog baits. What brand was yours?
  • PeacockFeverPeacockFever Posts: 227 Officer
    I was out snakehead fishing using those ribbit frogs and a 5lb brute of a largemouth about 22 inches long slammed it, totally surprised me but she was gorgeous!!
    There's no such thing as too much bait!
    Nice catch! I had a very solid day of frog fishing On May 9th 30-40 fish from .5 to 7lbs they were only hitting frogs that looked similar to yours. I had 3 baggies of these frogs I got from a flea market (unmarked package) and I'm trying to figure out what manufacturer they are from cause after I ran out of them they wouldn't hit any of my other frog baits. What brand was yours?

Stanley Ribbits 3.5"
    I was out snakehead fishing using those ribbit frogs and a 5lb brute of a largemouth about 22 inches long slammed it, totally surprised me but she was gorgeous!!

That's a pig !
  • TreyC_AUTreyC_AU Posts: 36 Deckhand
    Those are some toads! I like that 13 rod too!
    TreyC_AU wrote: »
    Those are some toads! I like that 13 rod too!

Thanks ! It's the best $100 bass rod I have ever owned ,very sensitive. That one is the 7'1" MH, gonna get the 7'3" heavy for skinny dippers/ez swimmers. My Father has the 7'11 Omen Flipping stick ,that rod does not play the radio !
  • 01190119 Posts: 155 Deckhand
    That rod doesn't look like a $100 rod, it has lots of JDM influences. Sharp looking...
    Can't seem to get past these 4 lb and 5 lb fish..Caught a nice one this afternoon before the bottom fell out, swimming a 10.5" worm in 1' of water..

BuW60GT.jpg
  • TreyC_AUTreyC_AU Posts: 36 Deckhand
    i have a few of them. The 7'3" MH is by far my favorite. I throw dippers, toads, and swim jigs on it, works great for all three.
    TreyC_AU wrote: »
    i have a few of them. The 7'3" MH is by far my favorite. I throw dippers, toads, and swim jigs on it, works great for all three.

I bought the 7'3 heavy yesterday for frogs and ez swimmers. caught a dink on it yesterday before dark ,when I set the hook he didn't have a chance...lol

1he1g.jpg
  • Bass2bucksBass2bucks Posts: 654 Officer
  • RollinRollin Posts: 1,543 Captain
    Nice work with the Frogs.
  • weetzaweetza Posts: 156 Officer
    Early evening night time froggin, my favorite way to catch bass this time of year. Nice job man!