Sat Morn at Round Island?

ChobeeboysChobeeboys Posts: 417 Officer
Taking my daughter for her maiden voyage was wondering if anyone wanted in.
Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.
Ned Dolan

Replies

• evergladeskid243evergladeskid243 Posts: 269 Deckhand
    dont go to round island if u want to catch quality fish. I was there tuesday and got skunked for the first time ever, complete dead zone
  • uno--masuno--mas Posts: 346 Officer
    round island is a great place to fish. i've won tournaments 'nearly' from within sight of the ramp. the flats can be full of trout and some redfish. personal best from that area is a 28.5" trout. either north, out of the boat channel, or the flat south out of the cut. i fished there last full moon and posted some good trout to kayakwars.

my best advice for fishing that area is to not get too hung up on fishing the mangroves, and try some soft plastics and twitch baits out on the flats in 3-4 feet of water.

i would advise anyone venturing out in the kayaks this weekend to be extra careful. lots of in experienced boaters on the water. round island boat ramp is likely to be teeming with acts of pure genius on saturday.

cheers.
    drew
    Cathedra Mea, Regulae Meae.
  • ChobeeboysChobeeboys Posts: 417 Officer
    Thanks guys, I caught some nice fish and brought home a slot snook there on thursday. I will be in the water and too shallow for most people by the time the circus starts at the boat ramp.
    Ned Dolan
  • inshorefiremaninshorefireman Posts: 152 Officer
    id like to join but i work. we need to put something together for that shuttle trip!!
  • ChobeeboysChobeeboys Posts: 417 Officer
    id like to join but i work. we need to put something together for that shuttle trip!!

How does sunday night sound
    Ned Dolan
  • inshorefiremaninshorefireman Posts: 152 Officer
    I could do Monday night
  • gerrysgerrys Posts: 738 Officer
    As already said, be particularly careful this weekend. Every crazy that owns a boat will be out there. I think I'll take my lawn chair and camera to Stan Blum Park Ramp and watch the follies.
  • wizfisherwizfisher Posts: 2,387 Officer
    dont go to round island if u want to catch quality fish. I was there tuesday and got skunked for the first time ever, complete dead zone

I say just the opposite.
    Go to Round Island if you want to catch quality fish.
    Haven't been fishing in a while but I have fished out of Round Island dozens of times and have never been skunked. Probably just jinxed it now though. lol