battle 300 help

inshorefiremaninshorefireman Posts: 152 Officer
ive had my battle 3000 for about a month now. i fish out of a kayak so my gear gets a little wet from time to time, but i always give my stuff a fresh water rinse. the other day my battle became real stiff to reel and sounded rough. it has never been submerged. i took the spool off and cleaned it up, i hesitate to take it apart cause i dont want to screw something up. also im not sure if that woukd affect the warranty. so do you guys hose your reels off or soak them in a bucket? also whats the difficulty in taking on apart. ive really liked the reel, just surprised that its acting up after all the good stuff ive heard about battles taking a beating! thanks

Replies

• PENNPENN Posts: 373 Deckhand
    IF sorry to hear about this, it is hard to tell what is going on with your reel without seeing it but we would be more than happy to take a look at it and get it fixed under warranty. Please PM us with a basic description of the issue and how you would like for us to handle. Thank you.
  • Pinchin CrabPinchin Crab Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    Sounds like bearing corrosion. I have to break my reels down now and then to soak and re-oil the bearings. Salt water will corrode even the best bearings in the best reels. Taking them down and cleaning them is part of normal maintenance. If Penn will take care of that under warranty, let them handle it.
  • WonderWonder Posts: 75 Deckhand
    ive had my battle 3000 for about a month now. i fish out of a kayak so my gear gets a little wet from time to time, but i always give my stuff a fresh water rinse. the other day my battle became real stiff to reel and sounded rough. it has never been submerged. i took the spool off and cleaned it up, i hesitate to take it apart cause i dont want to screw something up. also im not sure if that woukd affect the warranty. so do you guys hose your reels off or soak them in a bucket? also whats the difficulty in taking on apart. ive really liked the reel, just surprised that its acting up after all the good stuff ive heard about battles taking a beating! thanks

The battle is not made for that. Get the spinfisher V thats what it's made for. I have both and I can tell you the spinfisher is the way to go. Hope this helps.