Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

Shark Fishing Mexico beach

I went to Mexico beach the other day with the wife and decided to soak some sardines. Within minutes of getting a bait in the water I kept gettin picked up, and subsequently bit off. Not having any wire or cable I kept fishing hoping for the best. Finally I landed about a 4' sharp nose, what I believe to be the culprit of my prior mishaps. My question is, has anyone ever fished for bigger sharks (bulls, blacktip, spinner, hammer, etc) from Mexico beach?

Replies

• Flat_LinedFlat_Lined Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    There sure are larger shark species available at Mexico Beach. If you are fishing from a boat you can frequently catch Black Tips around buoy 6 or a little spot called the Mud Hole on the back side of the Cape. (Have had a six footer break off there)

The family and I saw an unknown species on Sunday that was at least 10 foot.

I'm am not sure about fishing from the beach but I have heard of black tips being caught off the pier.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • LungerLunger Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    The clear water out from Crooked Island Sound may be some the best shark fishing in our area. Hammerheads are common and some Bulls. Tiger sharks really prefer the clean water and this is a pretty good place to get a shot at one off the beach. 14/0 rigs with big fresh baits at night.
  • jtuckjtuck Posts: 100 Deckhand
    Thanks guys. I'm stuck on shore so my options are limited but I'll at least be able to yak the baits out. I'll def check it out.
  • Hutch316Hutch316 Posts: 110 Officer
    My boys and some of the regulars invade the pier every night in june and July. They pull baits with yaks off the pier and for the most part catch a lot of big nurse sharks. Over a weeks span they will get one or two bulls or occasional hammerhead, some years more than others. The kids get a big kick out of it and stay out of trouble for the most part. I have carried big spinning gear and casted baits off the end with wire and been succesful also.
  • jtuckjtuck Posts: 100 Deckhand
    I've heard of people doing we from the piers. I'm hoping to find a shore/beach spot eventually, but thank you all for the info guys.