rigging a fluke

I have been using a zoom super fluke the past few weeks and i love it. The only problem is i am losing more fish than i am boating. I was just wondering how everyone else rigs them up for the best hookup percentage. Anything will help. Thanks !!

Replies

• Bass2bucksBass2bucks Posts: 654 Officer
    Weedless with a 5/0 gamakatsu worm hook
  • ER Doc 7ER Doc 7 Posts: 153 Officer
    The trick is to make sure the hook is imbedded but will come through the bait all the way. I slide it through the hook all the way to make sure so that it will be weedless but easy to set the hook
  • Swamp ZombieSwamp Zombie Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    Yeah, an EWG 5/0 Gamakatsu works well. At least 30LB Braid (or 15LB Fluro). Like ER Doc mentions- you need to "Texpose" the hook. An Owner 6/0 1/8 OZ weighted Swim Bait hook (Screw-lock) can work in a pinch- depends on how hard the fish are taking, depth and how quickly you need to cover water.

Hope this helps ya?
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,945 Captain
    I prefer to use a standard worm hook, specifically a Gamakatsu 5/0 RB Worm hook. I was missing a lot of fish too because the hook just wasn't big enough for the bait. Once I switched I started hooking up on just about every strike. I tried the EWG hooks and they moved around too much in the bait and tore up the plastic quickly.