BPS stick-o-worm

johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,391 Admiral
I bought some of these yesterday 5 3/8" they look pretty darn good , have any of ya'll used them ? Price is certainly better than most..18ct for $4.99

Replies

• gotfishyfingers?gotfishyfingers? Posts: 52 Deckhand
    most stick baits are the same and vary very little from one another imho. I buy a knock off brand on ebay and they work just as good
    100 packs fro like 20 bucks. I do spray a scent on them sometimes.
    Its all about preference and price. Most companies make the same color/size. Stick with colors- june bug, watermelon, pumpkin seed and black with blue bottom (tip).
  • neffneff Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    I use them all the time... they work great for me whether its rigged wacky or texas style with no weights... baby bass and watermelon are my best colors and with most hits coming on the drops
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,391 Admiral
    I bought crawberry and mardi gras,I always spray my bags of senkos with bang garlic.Gonna fish the afternoons this week, I'll report back.
  • Boatless-In-BrowardBoatless-In-Broward Posts: 78 Deckhand
    I use them and love them. They have a nice wiggle when they fall horizontally.
    I use them and love them. They have a nice wiggle when they fall horizontally.

Thats good to know.
    I would disagree with post #2 not all senkos are created equal.I have bought some that have no wiggle at all when falling.
    For instance Big Bite Baits , those things suck.Bought Wave Worms wasn't real impressed with those either.
  • gotfishyfingers?gotfishyfingers? Posts: 52 Deckhand
    johnD wrote: »
    Thats good to know.
    I would disagree with post #2 not all senkos are created equal.I have bought some that have no wiggle at all when falling.
    For instance Big Bite Baits , those things suck.Bought Wave Worms wasn't real impressed with those either.
    How are you rigging them, texas, wacky, weight(less)? When i replied i was thinking more along the lines of rigging it texas style with like 3/16 bullet pegged on it. In that aspect i don't think that they very that much from one another, since horizontal fall (wiggle) isn't much of a concern. I want it to sit at the bottom of a lily pad stalk, in there bed etc. Good luck! make sure you take some pics of the fish you catch and post them.
    1 fish today.. mardi gras color.(tanic colored water)
    I fish them weightless with a 3/0 gammy EWG.
    They definitely stay on the hook longer than a yamamoto.

0815111802a.jpg
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 6,677 Admiral
    I've used all different types of stick worms. When I fish them wacky, it seems usually the hit occurs in the first 10 seconds after hitting the water - I really don't think the fish have the time or mental horsepower to evaluate the finer attributes of any given worm.
    Another thing I noticed when a decent sized bass hits a senko they inhale it, there is no tap, tap, tap.They suck it up and your line gets tight.