Home Off Topic

Why is being Gay now make you a Hero?

Replies

• Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,540 Admiral
    I think it time you all know...........I am Jewish.
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,511 AG
    Ol Mucky wrote: »
    I think it time you all know...........I am Jewish.

I am part American Indian..........there. I said it. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    we better get a frickin parade man
  • bay20bay20 Posts: 1,490 Officer
    he didn't even average 1 bucket a game i wouldn't want him on my team gay or straight.
  • RStyleRStyle Posts: 1,482 Officer
    When I watch on TV and hear the stories of every young guy receiving the Medal of Honor
    I think.........WOW................that IS a hero

Someone gay coming out, even if he is the biggest athlete of all.........does not make him a hero. Maybe a hero to all the individuals
    afraid to come out..................but he is not even close to being a hero on my list. He would be a hero if he goes to Iran or Saudi Arabia and
    comes out saying he is gay
  • RStyleRStyle Posts: 1,482 Officer
    .so bay 20.........you do not want him in your team ......but how about in the shower in the locker room after the game??
    if his game was as good as MJ'S would love to have him on my team not everybody sword fights in the showers you know
    RStyle wrote: »
    .so bay 20.........you do not want him in your team ......but how about in the shower in the locker room after the game??
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,464 AG
    joey said, he plays hide the Irish spring when in the showers
  • sk018sk018 Posts: 2,958 Captain
    Not that I wouldnt expect it out of this crowd--But this is seriously sad. Its 2013 and this forum is a bunch of Manly man gay bashers. What a joke, half of you clowns have been married 3 times, have loads of kids and step kids but feel you can attack someones sexual orientation/ values.
    You are all living up to the ignorant redneck stereotype

He isnt a hero for being gay you ioiots. Hell he isnt a hero at all. however, it does take some nuts (no pun intended) to come out as a pro athlete. Hopefully, it paves the way for other gay athletes. Not all gays are flaming sissies despite what you were taught by your preacher.
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,511 AG
    bay20 wrote: »
    he didn't even average 1 bucket a game i wouldn't want him on my team gay or straight.

But he brought the "pick and roll" game to a new level. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HomerSimpsonHomerSimpson Posts: 6,573 Admiral
    RStyle wrote: »
    When I watch on TV and hear the stories of every young guy receiving the Medal of Honor
    I think.........WOW................that IS a hero

Someone gay coming out, even if he is the biggest athlete of all.........does not make him a hero. Maybe a hero to all the individuals
    afraid to come out
    ..................but he is not even close to being a hero on my list. He would be a hero if he goes to Iran or Saudi Arabia and
    comes out saying he is gay

obama calls him a hero. As well as several people who posted here

just say'n
    Not everyone is bashing the guy. The bottom line is the media is trying to turn this into a circus. Brittany Griener who plays womans basketball came out a couple of weeks ago and there was a couple of small articles in the news. Heck she has more game than Jason Collins. I think i did see a headline refering to him as a hero it wasn't a headline printed from Fl Sportsman
    sk018 wrote: »
    Not that I wouldnt expect it out of this crowd--But this is seriously sad. Its 2013 and this forum is a bunch of Manly man gay bashers. What a joke, half of you clowns have been married 3 times, have loads of kids and step kids but feel you can attack someones sexual orientation/ values.

He isnt a hero for being gay you ioiots. Hell he isnt a hero at all. however, it does take some nuts (no pun intended) to come out as a pro athlete. Hopefully, it paves the way for other gay athletes. Not all gays are flaming sissies despite what you were taught by your preacher.
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,488 AG
    I think Martina was first.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,758 Admiral

If there's one thing I hate, it's an ignorant redneck basher.
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!
  • team getterdunteam getterdun Posts: 1,741 Captain

Why do the queers feel they have to 'come out'?
    "Fundamentals are nothing but a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG

That's funny. Prejudiced and bigoted but funny.

BTW, I have a gay couple as friends and they are flying back from Canada as I type this where they got "married". I don't care. But I still won't support gay marriage here. Especially not for the reasons that keep getting presented of access to government money....
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
    Polar wrote: »
    joey said, he plays hide the Irish spring when in the showers

Joey is irish?
  • Next LevelNext Level Posts: 2,964 Captain
    Male Homosexuals get absolutely no respect in the black community and African Americans are the most homophobic out of every other race. This guys career is done. Everyone knows this and why Obama et al are trying to make a big deal about it thinking calling him a hero will save him.
  • lawaiaalawaiaa Posts: 1,266 Officer
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness
    bay20 wrote: »
    Not everyone is bashing the guy. The bottom line is the media is trying to turn this into a circus. Brittany Griener who plays womans basketball came out a couple of weeks ago and there was a couple of small articles in the news. Heck she has more game than Jason Collins. I think i did see a headline refering to him as a hero it wasn't a headline printed from Fl Sportsman

very true especially about grienr being better at bball than Collins
    lawaiaa wrote: »
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness

Dont tell Tater and rugbut that. They love the founders as long as it fits their backwoods beliefs
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,464 AG
    you guys are making gandy mad
    personally both should get the same coverage none.
    gandrfab wrote: »
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    Dont tell Tater and rugbut that. They love the founders as long as it fits their backwoods beliefs
    ANd what exactly does this have to do with anything? DO we kill gay people? Jail gay people or prevent them from PURSUING happiness? Are you supposing that the founders of this country in any way supported gay marriage?

You realize they supported slavery right?
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,758 Admiral

Do you believe that all men are created equal?
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!

Actually whatever makes them happy is fine with me. It can't change what I believe and that's the point I was trying to make with that quote.
    The sooner everyone realizes their freedom is intertwined with everyone else will be the day the Constitution becomes more than just words.
    rrbgtt wrote: »
    Do you believe that all men are created equal?

No...... Everyone can't be me:grin
  • AlexKintnerAlexKintner Posts: 634 Officer
    Some men are more equal than others.
    I'm pleased and happy to repeat the news that we have, in fact, caught and killed a large predator that supposedly injured some bathers. But, as you see, it's a beautiful day, the beaches are open and people are having a wonderful time. Amity, as you know, means "friendship".
This discussion has been closed.