Skip to main content
Home Boating

Sonar Charts for Southeast Florida Offshore

Josmos23Josmos23 Posts: 2 Greenhorn
edited June 3 in Boating #1
I fish out of Jupiter Inlet. Just bought a Humminbird 858c HD and the Platinum Plus card. I downloaded the latest "freshest Data" through the Navionics application. During download, the screen said it was downloading Sonar Charts. When I view the charts on my Humminbird, I do not see any contour lines- only spot depth indications (which have been listed as a Sonar Charts feature). I have been through all the menus on the unit several times and do not see any setting for map layers, etc. . . Anyone have any idea why this data is not showing?

Replies

• DixonDixon Posts: 56 Deckhand
    Josmos23 wrote: »
    I fish out of Jupiter Inlet. Just bought a Humminbird 858c HD and the Platinum Plus card. I downloaded the latest "freshest Data" through the Navionics application. During download, the screen said it was downloading Sonar Charts. When I view the charts on my Humminbird, I do not see any contour lines- only spot depth indications (which have been listed as a Sonar Charts feature). I have been through all the menus on the unit several times and do not see any setting for map layers, etc. . . Anyone have any idea why this data is not showing?

I fish out of Jupiter as well.
    Let me look at it tomorrow and see.

The release of the new SonarCharts layer to replace the older FishNChip layer has been a gradual process by area. Static at first, and then releases to dynamic.

For all Humminbird users, you are able to record and upload right now. It will take longer (approx a week) for your results to process when this area goes dynamic, because everything will be manually put through a QC process to ensure no errors, etc.
  • Josmos23Josmos23 Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Ok. I figured it out. I had a blank SD card for recording in one slot and the Navionics Platinum in the other. The menu did not have an option to select a chart. I took out the blank card left in the Platinum card, restarted the unit and now I get the Chart Select option with Fish'nChip and all is well. Wonder if Humminbird is aware of this issue?