Home Off Topic

Toyota Stock

mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
Bought it last August at $81.72? per share. Closed today at $116.54. Nice.
"The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."

Replies

• MosesMoses Posts: 1,203 Officer
    mikev wrote: »
    Bought it last August at $81.72? per share. Closed today at $116.54. Nice.

If you bought one share, it is not nice. Now on the flip side, if you purchased 1,000 shares, that is NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The peanuts and beer took its toll. I had to fart really bad. I would normally ease away and let it out. I thought it was time for her to grow up.
    It was a varoooom! It shook the pine needles off the trees. She broke and ran.
    "Daddy, you stink!"
    She's my best buddy to this day! You never know how these things will work out!
    Sayin... Reck

1387463400_20_1_USD_5_default.png
    Joey Buttons - FRIEND FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    sbds wrote: »
    If you bought one share, it is not nice. Now on the flip side, if you purchased 1,000 shares, that is NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish! I only got 60 shares. But it does pay a dividend......
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • JKPJKP Posts: 3,174 Captain
    Nonsense. Only the Japanese benefit from their companies in the global economy.
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    JKP wrote: »
    Nonsense. Only the Japanese benefit from their companies in the global economy.

oh yes, the few public shares do so much to make the US economy tick.. But day trade away.. Imagine if that were actually an American company whose stock did good.... squeeze every penny you can out of apple too.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • avmechavmech Jupiter, FLPosts: 1,373 Officer
    It is Toyota...........just wait for the recall
    Member #10822
    CaptTater wrote: »
    oh yes, the few public shares do so much to make the US economy tick.. But day trade away.. Imagine if that were actually an American company whose stock did good.... squeeze every penny you can out of apple too.

How much does dell offshore these days?
    :) and they'll blame the driver for 6 months before they issue it.. On second thought Toy drivers probably don't know how to not get their floor mats stuck or how to slow down when the car goes "out of control". :) Heck they already tried to justify their purchase as being positive for America they could probably just blame DuPOnt for their carpet fibers causing the wreck.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
    JKP wrote: »
    How much does dell offshore these days?

Nothing in support in my area, assembly is here for everything I do from foreign parts for sure. Are you equating offshore contract manufacturing for a US based company using cheap labor to avoid the high cost of all the government crap here with a foreign company building here to avoid tariffs and duties here while blocking sales of our product in their country?
    Good stuff, looks like you've convinced yourself that sending our money to foreign companies is good for the US.. excellent
  • PhescadorPhescador Posts: 3,838 Captain
    avmech wrote: »
    It is Toyota...........just wait for the recall

....and buy more. I wanted to buy Yota after the last huge recall. Too expensive though. Couldn't buy enough shares to make it worth it.
    Ewe Inn Joy Mice Elf.
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,417 Admiral
    Nice! Invest in more Asian companies so they can keep buying-up our American real estate and diluting our dollar! God forbid you would be patriotic and invest in an AMERICAN company!
    23895.gif
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,417 Admiral
    Did you buy more when it dropped to $60 a few weeks after you bought it?

Ford (an American company) was at $9 last August and it at $13.70 now.
    23895.gif
    Nothing in support in my area, assembly is here for everything I do from foreign parts for sure. Are you equating offshore contract manufacturing for a US based company using cheap labor to avoid the high cost of all the government crap here with a foreign company building here to avoid tariffs and duties here while blocking sales of our product in their country?
    Good stuff, looks like you've convinced yourself that sending our money to foreign companies is good for the US.. excellent

I'm saying it isn't black and white anymore and find it humorous that some pretend to think it is. Dell is an excellent example of a US company sending jobs outside the US. Was it good business and necessary? Of course, but still not something to be proud of.

Same for the "foreign" car manufacturers. It's not like they want to build cars here and source their parts domestically. But they do because it is a good business decision. At the end of the day our economy benefits as well.
  • jimmy77jimmy77 Posts: 1,690 Captain
    How long will the Japanese government and Bank of Japan be able to prop up their companies? Not sure if you got a long term hold there...

http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post.aspx?post=c2a08955-5ef7-415f-90d7-3401b8a06863
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PhescadorPhescador Posts: 3,838 Captain
    Fish Haid wrote: »
    Did you buy more when it dropped to $60 a few weeks after you bought it?

Ford (an American company) was at $9 last August and it at $13.70 now.

I bought some at $2.07. Still have it.
    all the government crap

....prevents stuff likes this...

http://science.time.com/2013/04/29/fast-cheap-dead-shopping-and-the-bangladesh-factory-collapse/
    Ewe Inn Joy Mice Elf.
    I hate to bust some bubbles, but if you've got a 401K, and you invest in a variety of mutual funds, odds are that you, yes YOU are also investing in a foreign company to an extent. Guess some of you will really get your panties in a wad when I tell you that I also invested in Luxottica last October @$37.52 a share and it closed yesterday at $52.50.
    Closed yesterday @ $124.83. I wish I had 100,000 shares.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,752 AG
    My stock picking chicken didn't catch that one.
    Vote for the other candidate
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    My stock picking chicken didn't catch that one.

Chicken soup for that one. I think I'm going to sell when/if it hits about $110/share.
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    Chicken soup for that one. I think I'm going to sell when/if it hits about $110/share.

Maybe just 1/2 of it?????
    Cyclist wrote: »
    Maybe just 1/2 of it?????

Reasoning?
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    Reasoning?

Could go higher. If it doesn't you are still ahead. If it keep climbing in the long-term you in at your initial lower price.

http://www.ohio.com/business/toyota-forecasts-profit-will-rise-to-six-year-high-on-weaker-yen-1.396160

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/overview?symbol=7203.T
  • SonOfAGunninSonOfAGunnin Posts: 5,085 Admiral
    Party at Mike's house!