Why not list where you are?

I know you see this over and over ,
Why do you guys keep trying to sell or trade but wont list where the heck you are from. Pretty Basic and needed info if anyone wants to trade or Buy what you have yet for some reason It still seems most dont list it. I for one get tired of asking.:huh If you have something I want and dont list where you are , you just lost a sale or trade I wont ask anymore. Now smarten up and post where you live!!!!!

Replies

• ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,662 Captain
    Tell them mako191
  • avmechavmech Posts: 1,263 Officer
    Been trying to get people to do that for a long time. They lose any of my interest too, as I am tired of asking. Used to be a time, it was required to sign up on FS
    Member #10822
  • relicshunterrelicshunter Posts: 514 Officer
    Same here, sick of asking.
    I tend now a days to just skip the ads without a location.:banghead
  • dnelsondnelson Posts: 197 Deckhand
    Wish the moderators would make it a requirement to post an ad. Not looking for someones address just the county you live in- pretty simple
  • BrentspeedgsxrBrentspeedgsxr Posts: 254 Officer
    Most people tend to have their location in their profile I think. And now that I post this I realize that I never fixed my profile to show my location again lol. So thanks for the post.
  • GeraldoGeraldo Posts: 28 Greenhorn
    I would have sworn mine was there, but I think when I re-registered I just didn't enter my location. So now it's there.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,406 Moderator
    Being looked into I believe.
    "You'll get your weather"
    That would be great if it goes through. Thanks Louie
    Member #10822
  • badbullgatorbadbullgator Posts: 1,568 Officer
    dnelson wrote: »
    Wish the moderators would make it a requirement to post an ad. Not looking for someones address just the county you live in- pretty simple

Should be a requirement.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,406 Moderator
    Maybe make this a sticky ? IDK
    "You'll get your weather"
  • wizard78wizard78 Posts: 489 Deckhand
    capt louie wrote: »

Most of the classifieds I visit on other forums, have a Locked Sticky titled, "Rules For Classifieds".

Two simple rules to follow else your ad will be deleted.

1: Your location must be listed in your profile or in the body of the ad.
    2: A price must be shown for items for sale. You can include, "Or Best Offer" but a price must be listed. This is not an auction site.

Simple.
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    It's even 'better' when they say 'No Shipping/Local P/Up Only'... but don't list their location...:mad
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
    Just a thought mods.............require location in all classifieds.
    Member #10822
  • BeermanBeerman Posts: 696 Officer
    Trads!! Location and price helps!! :rotflmao
    Words of Wisdom: Many a problem will solve itself, if we forget it and go fishing or hunting!!

image.php?u=77&type=sigpic&dateline=1307501811
  • flydownflydown Posts: 6,462 Admiral
    FS should take a look at AT Classifieds to see how it's done. Rules, Location, Feedback for buyers and sellers, ect..
    I love the idea of being a place to trade gear, but unfortunately, I won't put much stock in them until a feedback system is in place. Something that I think is necessary to hold both buyers and sellers accountable.

Are you listening, FS??
    DYING for me was the most HE could do. LIVING for HIM is the least I can do
    not much change with the average add. I tried
    Bump- hint!!!!
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    Repeat- Location should be Required to Sell & a Feedback Rating System should be in place... but apparently nobody (that has any ability to do these things) cares :(
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • 250sav250sav Posts: 97 Greenhorn
    I'm on half a dozen outdoor forums and this is a pet peeve of mine. Location should be mandatory for all posts. What's the problem?
  • lbudlbud Posts: 1,014 Officer
    The problem is all forums/ websites are massive click bait scams...
    Live while You're breathing! It's Your only chance.....:grin
  • GottaGetOutdoorsGottaGetOutdoors Posts: 60 Greenhorn
    edited February 17 #22

Hunting forums should require that you post using your real name and location. More transparency and accountability is a good thing. It would also clean out the riff raff and clean up discussion threads. Good forums have been ruined by a few bad actors who hide behind anonymous screen names while pretending to be some bad**ss keyboard cowboy.

Joshua 24:15
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,344 Captain

@wizard78 said:
    capt louie wrote: »

Most of the classifieds I visit on other forums, have a Locked Sticky titled, "Rules For Classifieds".

Two simple rules to follow else your ad will be deleted.

1: Your location must be listed in your profile or in the body of the ad.
    2: A price must be shown for items for sale. You can include, "Or Best Offer" but a price must be listed. This is not an auction site.

Simple.

Should be a requirement here also.

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you

Fully agree, plus have some sort of feedback system

Member #10822
  • Flat-catFlat-cat Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Think a general area (Central Fl, S Fl) no worries. Too many scams online to put much detail out there. Had a skiff for sale on here a few years ago. Pic showed it in driveway. With no contact to me a couple guys from Gainesville showed up at house to "check out". Guessing they ran HIN and got address. Son home after school alerted me. They were pretty assertive that i "needed" to take their offer. A quick txt to a LEO freind to come check out and glimpse of concealed Sig quickly diffused and was recorded. Sold two days later to nice guy off forum.
  • Rich MRich M Posts: 1,011 Officer
    They took the GPS data off the photo - turn off your geo-tagging info on your phone and that won't happen again.  It also works for fishing photos and hunting photos - post up the hawg you caught and someone is in your spot the next weekend - geo-tagging...