Home Egret Boats

Power Pole Pump Reinstall

FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,390 Officer
So i had a problem with my Power Pole pump. I called JL Marine and explained what went wrong to Brandon. The next day i received a new pump and new upgraded 5/16 hoses and fittings no questions asked! Awesome customer service!
I thought it would be a great time to relocate the Power Pole pump under the cosole out of sight and mind. It took advantage of a space that was never used.
There is a service loop in the hoses and wires.The pump comes out of the console so it can be worked on if needed. Yes i screwed the bracket directly down into the Liner.
I used 3/4 inch #12 pan head screws. They only go down into the liner and core 1/2 inch with a solid grab didn't want to go to deep and go into the hull there!
You can hardly hear the pump now!:grin

1-7_zpsad2c8c59.jpg

Replies

• UnderslotUnderslot Posts: 370 Officer
    but I bet the fishys hear it more now... I agree that there isn't much "silent" or "swift" about my Power Pole. If I end up keeping my boat past this summer I'll be swapping out the signature for dual blades which I hear are the bomb.
  • Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer
    FlatsBoy wrote: »

You can hardly hear the pump now!

Great install other than it looks like it needs some oil and the wires once again are crooked.
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
  • FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,390 Officer
    Tested and full of clean Green Marine before it was bolted down! **** Wires! lol!:banana
  • Egrets LandingEgrets Landing Posts: 949 Officer
    FlatsBoy wrote: »
    So i had a problem with my Power Pole pump. I called JL Marine and explained what went wrong to Brandon. The next day i received a new pump and new upgraded 5/16 hoses and fittings no questions asked! Awesome customer service!
    I thought it would be a great time to relocate the Power Pole pump under the cosole out of sight and mind. It took advantage of a space that was never used.
    There is a service loop in the hoses and wires.The pump comes out of the console so it can be worked on if needed. Yes i screwed the bracket directly down into the Liner.
    I used 3/4 inch #12 pan head screws. They only go down into the liner and core 1/2 inch with a solid grab didn't want to go to deep and go into the hull there!
    You can hardly hear the pump now!:grin

1-7_zpsad2c8c59.jpg

That's where I put my Batteries.
    That must of been fun! I've become the professional at one arm two finger zip tying!
    How about doing a post adding some pics of the battery install. I'd like to see that stop holding out on us! lol
  • mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
    Mine just took a dump too! I never had a problem with my 6’ pole but this 8’ pole has been a real pain. It hesitates, does not seem powerful enough to pull the pole from a mud bottom as well. It got stuck in the down position and I was lucky to get a phone signal and call them from the boat. They said I could drive off and then manually pull the thing up. That did not work and I went back to the marina with it down. Now I know what a deep draft boat has to go through in the Keys! The guy at Islamorada Boat Co said they had 4 of them come in this week for pump replacement. I wonder if they had a run of bad pumps and did not issue a recall???
  • Egrets LandingEgrets Landing Posts: 949 Officer
    Renagade69 wrote: »
    Great install other than it looks like it needs some oil and the wires once again are crooked.

I see some sealant that leaked out around the screws too that will attract some dirt for sure too not to mention the staining at the front of the compartment. The wires all loose are sure to flop around too and over time sure to cause a connection problem. :grin
    Seriously, I think I would have put that in a corner of the compartment rather than the middle. If you were to ever try to use the space for any kind of storage etc. it will be right in the way. You can fit a ton down there. Five batteries would fit.
    Nothing else is going in there and it's mounted solid as a rock dead center! :funnypost
    If i was going to mount the batteries down there they would be all down the center!
    So when i'm running the chop and bouncing around and trailering the batteries wouldn't be leaning on a angle creating side pressure on the mounting screws and over time rip out! Let me know when you need to rewire the boat from the arching sensation from the wires touching!:grin
    But i'm sure you used extra long screws there!:banana
    I hope you cleaned up those wires on your battery install because it looked like a road map with wires going in every direction!:driver:
    Here's a little help on how wiring should look!
    20130414_165219_zpsf6b9875b.jpg