Got a slam two weekends in a row!

Been fishing inshore in SW Florida for about 10 years now and I ALWAYS missed the inshore slam by a fish. Not a huge deal but it's always fun to get a good red/trout/snook on the same night. Well the last two weekends I've done it twice. Lol... again, not a big deal for 99% of you but it made me happy. Last night's was even a "over slot" slam... sort of. 28" Red, 22" trout (can only catch one so I'll count it... plus I caught 3 over 20") and a 30" snook... which is funny since there's no slot but whatever... I'm gonna count it! :cool

Tight lines.

-Mag
Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
Captain Keith Magnussen - Crooked Rod Charters

Replies

• RMDRMD Posts: 1,796 Officer
    Nice job out there, throw up some pics if you have them!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • haydenfox!#$haydenfox!#$ Posts: 2,382 Captain
    I'm in the 1% and thats huge. Great job!
  • kmagnusskmagnuss Posts: 3,169 Captain
    null_zps166bb699.jpg

null_zps8607cfbf.jpg

Man that red looks so much smaller in the pic. It even looks like I have my arms extended to make it look bigger but I have my elbows resting on my ribs! Lol... dang.
  • red_magnetred_magnet Posts: 498 Deckhand
    Good job , those fish look solid. Where you down in englewood ?
    I owe it all to my Granny and Bill Dance....
    Snook was in Palma Sola (Bradenton). Red was in Lemon Bay.
    kmagnuss wrote: »
    Snook was in Palma Sola (Bradenton).

Thats a looooong way from North Port !
    Yeah... it takes about an hour to get there. I always question my sanity during the drive up but I used to live up that way and found this spot that always produces good fish. I try to make a trip up there once or twice a year as I can pretty much always count on a few over slot reds along with a snook or two mixed in.
  • rugbyryrugbyry Posts: 80 Deckhand
    Solid work. Representing the 1% proudly
    I can pretty much always count on a few over slot reds along with a snook or two mixed in.

Cant ding you for that. The West wall down by us should be on fire soon if it's not already. I fished 4 weekends in a row, now I am on lock down for a few weekends.
  • DemarzacDemarzac Posts: 204 Officer
    Congrats on the slam. That's definitely a solid red.
    "If you want to play an up-tempo, fast-skating game, we can play that game. If you want to muck and grind in the corners and along the boards, we can play that game too."-Famous Coach
    I need to change the title to 3 weekends in a row!!

14" trout, a few med/small snook, and a 25" red. Good times.

Put on some new 8# mono before I left and it casts SOOOOO much better. Almost like a braid. Can't remember the type of line at the moment but the old stuff sort of kept 'memory' and effected casting.

Bad news is my engine controls broke, ignition broke, depth finder transducer broke, and my gas tank is leaking. Good times.

Tight lines.
    I need to change the title to 3 weekends in a row!!

14" trout, a few med/small snook, and a 25" red. Good times.

Put on some new 8# mono before I left and it casts SOOOOO much better. Almost like a braid. Can't remember the type of line at the moment but the old stuff sort of kept 'memory' and effected casting.

Bad news is my engine controls broke, ignition broke, depth finder transducer broke, and my gas tank is leaking. Good times.

Tight lines.

Sorry to hear about your boat if you are fixing it yourself let me know I could try to help you . what kind of engine do you have. I have a yahama 85 and a 60 tohotsu 20 Johnson all fixed via shad tree and manual
    Yeah I'm fixing it myself. Bought this boat because I needed a project and it's perfect in every way. Lol... I work as a shop manager so fixing the boat is typically pretty idiot proof... although I do find myself cruising iboats for tips from time to time.
    Iboats helped me a lot especially with rebuilding my transom stringers and deck on the fixer upper I bought
    forgot to say thanks for offering to help.

No cheers or beer smilie so you get a dancing banana.

:banana
    no problem , hopefully the wind will die down this Saturday top water should be going off at dawn