Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Saltwater Classic

Anyone still going to attempt to fish the tournament tomorrow?

Replies

• mahi militiamahi militia Posts: 33 Deckhand
    Anyone still going to attempt to fish the tournament tomorrow?

my crew and I will be out fishing it, Should be decent long period swell wit a little wind on it, wont be too bad, besides there is lots of fish out there, got 24 mahi on Wednesday.
  • seanfishseanfish Posts: 254 Deckhand
    Personally I think its gonna be fine alright til you hit the stream, then its gonna get ugly. NE winds at 10-15kts against a N current. Buoyweather is calling 8 @ 11sec. I think it'll be around 6 @ 10sec, and in either case, neither of which I want to fish. NOAA 20-60nm forecast is 5-6 @ 10sec. It ain't gonna be pretty, although this morning was gorgeous going across Lake Jesup. The 0-20nm forecast in my opinion is useless when the edge of the stream is 30-35 miles out. You''ll can have fun getting beat up, but I'm out.
  • TheHookTheHook Posts: 51 Deckhand
    seanfish wrote: »
    Personally I think its gonna be fine alright til you hit the stream, then its gonna get ugly. NE winds at 10-15kts against a N current. Buoyweather is calling 8 @ 11sec. I think it'll be around 6 @ 10sec, and in either case, neither of which I want to fish. NOAA 20-60nm forecast is 5-6 @ 10sec. It ain't gonna be pretty, although this morning was gorgeous going across Lake Jesup. The 0-20nm forecast in my opinion is useless when the edge of the stream is 30-35 miles out. You''ll can have fun getting beat up, but I'm out.

If this is the case I would think they would call it off. Too many inexperienced people are going try to go out in that, it's going to be a mess. If it is not cancelled we are going to go out for kings/cobes but certainly not heading anywhere near the stream. Not worth beating the crap out of the boat or ourselves.
  • Day TripperDay Tripper Posts: 508 Officer
    but they say the free one never gets called no? I agree with seanfish, already swapped and picked up the pager so I can fish another weekend later on.
  • seanfishseanfish Posts: 254 Deckhand
    A few years back similar issue and they called it. They just raffle the prizes then at that point.
  • Chasing FinChasing Fin Posts: 151 Officer
    Figures it would be a rough day to fish. I can't seem to win these days. I need a job that lets me fish during the week
  • ChumbagChumbag Posts: 381 Officer
    Figures it would be a rough day to fish. I can't seem to win these days. I need a job that lets me fish during the week

I hear ya, work gets in the way of a quality life sometimes.

Is the tournament on or is it a raffle?
  • Day TripperDay Tripper Posts: 508 Officer
    Even those guys are getting slim pickings this year.... pretty much only 1 decent day a week in the last few... but I would love to fish m-f all the time too.
  • Full ThrottleFull Throttle Posts: 151 Deckhand
    tournament has been called, there raffling the prizes at rustys at 2pm
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,246 AG
    but I would love to fish m-f all the time too.

keep working...The Gov't needs the money! :rotflmao

PS...If you knew how nice it really was..none of you mofo's would be at work...
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • CountryBumpkinCountryBumpkin Fla. Piney WoodsPosts: 1,873 Captain
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    keep working...The Gov't needs the money! :rotflmao

PS...If you knew how nice it really was..none of you mofo's would be at work...

Ain't that the truth. I'm starting to think the NOAA marine weather forecasters are being told to always predict it worst case, so most recreational guys will stay home.

You know they all answer up the chain to the same people at the top that the people making all the draconian fishing regulations do. Yes I have my tin-foil hat on.:wink