Full Moon Topwater Stealth Mission - Target West Bay

Last Night a couple of Buddies and I decided to fish west bay under the full moon. I don't fish at night very often, but as nice as yesterday was....It was a great way to finish the day. We launched at the foot of the Jane Hathaway Bridge and pointed the boat northwest just before the sun winked at us as it left until tomorrow.

Arriving at the target area at a in such a incredibly low tide we flew the boat over some water that otherwise would have left us stranded in enemy territory. Upon arriving at the spot that we were planning on doing our recon Wade set the boat down in just enough water to allow us to remain undetected and free to move about. Wade took the front of the recon vessel and I chose to run the tailgunner position from the stern. Within minutes with the sun as a spectator I got a fix on my first target and bombed a skitterwalk missile toward it. Just over shooting the target was close enough to receive return fire from the enemy. After a short firefight ending in a confirmation of Target destroyed and the midslot redfish said farewell to the sun with me.

We continued on our mission of seek and destroy finding many many civilians during our search for the larger combatants we were targeting. After confronting more civilians that we cared to count we found ourselves in the dark with only the light of the full moon to guide us through the mine fields as we listened to the explosions as our topwater baits were getting assaulted by the snipers hiding within the grassflats. After Wade alerted me me that he had a fix on a very large combatant and was in the process of beating him in hand to hand combat with a 6ft graphite rod as a weapon I launched another skitterwalk missile toward ground zero as the fight was in process and almost instantly had a large explosion and return fire from an even larger combatant which we both believe was the spotter for the sniper Wade was engaged in Gorilla warfare with.. After a long drawn out fight that ended very bloody we found ourselves victorious.

At the end of our mission we completed all task, had no collateral damages, harmed no civilians and we took NO Prisoners. Although we did interrogate several blue uniformed bilateral officers taking two specimens hostage for negotiating bait for a later mission into much deeper territory.

Mission Accomplished.

Stay tuned for next mission Code.......Pompano Bravo22inch.

Replies

• Red FishRed Fish Posts: 1,163 Officer
    Haha, awesome! Yalll are brave for hitting West Bay in the dark with out bug suits and 5 gallons of 100% deet!! Congrats on the haul!

I have hit the pier the last two evenings after work only to see more pomps than I have in the last year. By time I get there they are on some serious lock jaw. I think I need to go dig some jig tippers......
    Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
  • Old DogOld Dog Posts: 545 Officer
    Very nice. Night fishing can be fun when you have it to yourself.
    OD
  • RedhunterRedhunter Posts: 435 Deckhand
    Nice job Garb. Have not heard from you in a while. Good to see you back.
  • GarboGarbo Posts: 1,259 Officer
    Redhunter wrote: »
    Nice job Garb. Have not heard from you in a while. Good to see you back.

Thanks. I have been way way busy since October or so and finally got most of the project done so I got some time to goof off a little now.

Anyone want to go aggravate something around Panama City just let me know.....I've been havin a ball around there of late.
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,185 Officer
    Great report.....sounds like a nice evening on the water.....gotta love topwater action!

Livin' the Dream !