Home Egret Boats

I need a Bimini...

mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
I had two leads on Bimini tops for our boat and both went south. Does anyone have a source in Broward to build and install. I did see the iboat tops but I still need some one to install it. Thanks for your help. Renee and Abby are blondes and too much sun takes the fun out of it for them.

Replies

• reelgrimmreelgrimm MiamiPosts: 458 Deckhand
    I love my bimini top... The girls especially like it and I never bring it fishing, but for diving or relaxing, I'll throw it on.

The outfit that did mine did several egret guys and he is in central florida... very clean install. When I upgrade to the 21, I'm gonna have have frank take care of it... or hit the same guy on the way down... I'll grab the invoice if you would like and get their info...
    My Youtube Channel
    Boat: 2015 25' Competition Single 300 Yamaha
    Latest Fishing Report - Snook on the Beach

• reelgrimmreelgrimm MiamiPosts: 458 Deckhand
    The place is called "Creative Canvas" (407) 661-1211 they are in Almonte Springs.. Maybe call and see if they have someone down here in broward they can recommend if you don't wnat to drive up.
    My Youtube Channel
    Boat: 2015 25' Competition Single 300 Yamaha
    Latest Fishing Report - Snook on the Beach

• Egrets LandingEgrets Landing Posts: 949 Officer
    reelgrimm wrote: »
    The place is called "Creative Canvas" (407) 661-1211 they are in Almonte Springs.. Maybe call and see if they have someone down here in broward they can recommend if you don't wnat to drive up.

I was just there this afternoon ordering a new boot for mine. They did a good job making my bimini a few years ago.
  • trponhuntertrponhunter Posts: 249 Deckhand
    *Previous - 2000 Egret 189 carbon w/ vmax 150 - twin rotating prop
    *Previous - 2008 Egret 189 carbon w/ ETEC 150
    *Previous 2010 Beavertail Vengence w/ETEC 90
    *Current - 2015 Beavertail BTV w/ Suzuki 90
  • jjchompjjchomp Posts: 35 Deckhand
    Wnat to get one for the new 2011. What did he charge for the bimini?
    With two attachment points forward and rear and the recessed hardware etc mine was about $750.
  • mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
    Thanks folks, I’m going to have him ship me one and get it installed down here. I will use the Acorn hardware for sure!
  • trponhuntertrponhunter Posts: 249 Deckhand
    you might want to call shallow water customs - if they don't do it - they can tell you who can. If the place in altamonte springs is who did mine (It was Robby's contact) - they did a horrible job on mine - mounted twisted and un even, bad stiching and rivets and joints came out and apart. I think you should bring it somewhere local so you can meet them and go over exactly what you want in person. Way too many competent people down here to not find some one local.
    *Previous - 2000 Egret 189 carbon w/ vmax 150 - twin rotating prop
    *Previous - 2008 Egret 189 carbon w/ ETEC 150
    *Previous 2010 Beavertail Vengence w/ETEC 90
    *Current - 2015 Beavertail BTV w/ Suzuki 90
  • MonomanMonoman Posts: 977 Officer
    I could be wrong but I think someone reported an issue with CC ... sticky fingers.
    This signature intentionally left blank.
    Monoman wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I think someone reported an issue with CC ... sticky fingers.

That canvas place is located as a tiny part of a 900 acre storage facility. Anyone who leaves anything there that is small, valuable and unattended is asking for it. It could have been anyone walking around there. I would never leave anything on or in the boat that could easily be removed/stolen and that goes for just about every place I leave it. Tackle, rods, gps, trolling motor, etc. If I am leaving the boat for any period of time unattended by me, I lock everything and if its for more than few hours and the boating day is done, I take everything off and bring it inside my house.
  • MonomanMonoman Posts: 977 Officer
    That canvas place is located as a tiny part of a 900 acre storage facility. Anyone who leaves anything there that is small, valuable and unattended is asking for it. It could have been anyone walking around there. I would never leave anything on or in the boat that could easily be removed/stolen and that goes for just about every place I leave it. Tackle, rods, gps, trolling motor, etc. If I am leaving the boat for any period of time unattended by me, I lock everything and if its for more than few hours and the boating day is done, I take everything off and bring it inside my house.

I agree with you. From what I recall hearing, I think the missing item(s) were partially obscured on a desk or table. The person with first hand experience is a member here and might choose to confirm, deny, or clarify. I'll leave it at that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    This signature intentionally left blank.
  • mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
    Monoman wrote: »
    I agree with you. From what I recall hearing, I think the missing item(s) were partially obscured on a desk or table. The person with first hand experience is a member here and might choose to confirm, deny, or clarify. I'll leave it at that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I’ve spoken with the party whom you referred to. I am still checking on one alternative down here which may be a better deal than having one shipped from Almonte. We need it by Mid May for our vacation on Cudjoe where we are considering buying a house in the coming months. We are putting Mom’s Condo on the market. It’s a 2/2 on Hallandale Beach with the Atlantic Ocean as a back yard. All the amenities, gym, Pool, Sauna, Pool table, furnished as is. We plan to split time between our condo and the house on Cudjoe until Renee retires in 4 years. Thanks to all for your input. We appreciate the Egret Owners and hope to host an owners party or two in the coming years.