Help me decide

stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 743 Officer
trip this weekend? East Coast or to the Gulf for a little offshore fishing. Got a crew just looking to get a few nicely bent rods.
Sting

Replies

• reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    I'd come here & go after Cobia... This will probably be the best W.E. of the year to hunt them here... So Far the Best Advice is to Go West & look Deep ;)
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,984 Moderator
    I have seen / hooked up one... and it was east and fairly close.

Just about ready to hang it up. Pretty burned out. May go this weekend, but we'll just have to see if I'm up for it. Have a semi-formal party to attend Sat at 6:00 which could make for a long day.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • Red FishRed Fish Posts: 1,163 Officer
    It will be a zoo here this weekend. If you got an experienced crew I would hit the gulf looking for ling.
    Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,984 Moderator
    Red Fish wrote: »
    It will be a zoo here this weekend.

You aren't selling me! ;-)
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • upinthewaterupinthewater Posts: 202 Officer
    I really can't believe you asked this question!!!!! Get your dipnet and get down here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have a look on thursday to start the season.
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,167 Officer
    We're headed down to the Gulf this weekend for the first trip of the year. After having to cancel 3 of the last 4 weekends....we're coming this weekend no matter what!!!!

Livin' the Dream !
  • mrbuimrbui Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    i went yesterday and it wasnt so fun, water was really dirty in the afternoon, found a small patch of clean water east, west was okay, saw 1 small one that wouldnt eat....hopefully this weekend is better looking