Best grease for spinning reels?

Super lube comes off as good body, but too sticky.

I've got this berkley grease that's very slick, but it has no body

What's a really good, saltwater friendly grease that can be bought in small quantities?

Thanks.
cuda-title2_zpsb81e4f1d.jpg
greggl wrote: »
Strive for self-sacrificial levels of empathy and sympathy. We are only set free by becoming the scapegoat, or sin eater', rather than picking a target and 'throwing stones.'
nuevowavo wrote:
Think you're pretty clever? Think again. Time for a break.
:rotflmao

Replies

• Jetex2801Jetex2801 Posts: 540 Officer
    I know a couple of people who swear by cal's grease for their spinners, defined small quantities.
  • HookedHooked Posts: 391 Officer
    Reel Butter has served me very well for the past few years
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 3,327 Captain
    I've been repairing my own and customer's gear for many years now and use two types of grease when it's appropriate... For drag washers only it's Shimano's drag grease (part #DRAGGR), but Cal's is probably just as good and certainly cheaper (you get more....). For gears and such all I ever use is Kendall GT High temp grease. Any auto store should have it, and a can (about 1/2 pint) is enough to last you for years and years. The stuff is blue in color and works very well for conventional or spinning reels. By the way the only oils I ever use are good quality gun oils like Break Free or Gunslik. Avoid "Three in One" oil like the plague since it will turn into glue or varnish as it gets old on your reel parts.... Can't remember how many reels I've repaired just by removing old 3 in 1 oil residue....
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,028 Moderator
    Yall grease your reels? Doesn't that make them hard to grab?
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,312 Officer
    Nah! Just don't grease the handle!
  • SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    i use the simple penn grease.. it comes in a nice small container and its paired with the penn synthetic oil.. its like 5-6 bucks at walmart, works great
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    Thanks for the tips.
    Jetex2801 wrote: »
    define small quantities.

Something they wont bury me with.
    cuda-title2_zpsb81e4f1d.jpg
    greggl wrote: »
    Strive for self-sacrificial levels of empathy and sympathy. We are only set free by becoming the scapegoat, or sin eater', rather than picking a target and 'throwing stones.'
    nuevowavo wrote:
    Think you're pretty clever? Think again. Time for a break.
    :rotflmao
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,403 Admiral
    cal's.
  • Jetex2801Jetex2801 Posts: 540 Officer
    johnD wrote: »
    cal's.

Recently tested it +1
  • If1shalldayIf1shallday Posts: 464 Officer
    Quantum Hot sauce and ardent reel butter
  • SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    i ran out of my penn grease about an hour ago.. didnt know i was out, had my reels broken down, and opened it up, GONE! had to run to autozone to get something on the fly since the reels were torn down.. picked up this stuff called green grease.. excellent stuff.. feels like the gears are cushioned by air.. havent been tested under fire yet, but here on dry land my reels are now even smoother.. good ****