Home Southwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

FWC to ban jig fishing in BGP

Replies

• ScottKScottK Posts: 216 Deckhand
    When you showed up we added you to the list.

Joey, Joey, Joey, such a simpleton.......I've been here for years. If you knew anything about anything you would of known that. Fished your waters the last 12 out of 16 days, never came across anyone with manners as bad as yours. I'm actually beginning to believe you're a PTTS team captain.
  • whitebaconwhitebacon Posts: 354 Officer
    Scotty, I'm in a 21 Maverick, or a 36 Yellowfin. No names, no wraps. Please tell me what shoreline you are on.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    Hi Scott! Glad to see you stop by this thread.

Unlike many, you are not anonymous, you aren't "inve$ted" in this fishery, and you've caught more than a few fish over the years on jigs.

Were you snagging them?

What are your thoughts on the potential of banning the jig?

Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...Mike
    Very clever Mike. I will stick with a gentleman and a scholar. your friend the snagger is just another apologist.
    I'd like to think I am, but I'll leave that to others to decide.

I don't think Scott's an apologist for anyone. He's a straight shooter, and has been for as long as I've known him on this forum. He's not a guide nor has he participated in the PTTS -- thus the question.
    I like Mike. I like Gary. Only Mike is a gentleman. Gary needs his diapers changed. I have to go argue with a 20 year old. Yes she is smoking hot.

Please tell Gary that the one p r i c k who can handle him is here. all the freaking time. what did I say, the bad a z z lobbyists lobby themselves
  • OldHewes18RedOldHewes18Red Posts: 308 Deckhand
    whitebacon wrote: »
    I have to think Gary just won't engage me. But Gary knows I kept a promise. And I'm not done.

u6n7c.gif
  • OldHewes18RedOldHewes18Red Posts: 308 Deckhand
    I have to go argue with a 20 year old. Yes she is smoking hot.

Pics, por favor
    Scotty, I'm in a 21 Maverick, or a 36 Yellowfin. No names, no wraps. Please tell me what shoreline you are on.

I was looking for you the past few days as I flew your fish, on jigs and on threads......never saw a 21 Maverick. There may of been a 36 YF in the pass yesterday, but I passed them off as KOB participants. Regardless, they were way too polite to of been a ******bag such as yourself. What shoreline? What time of the day? Are you going to also break my jaw to the point it will be wired shut for a year? Why are you so **** hostile? No one has come to hate the PTTS as much as I do, but you sound like you want to beat the living **** out of anyone whose last name doesn't end in Futch, Joiner, or Coleman.

There were 14 or so jigging guides there yesterday poaching your fishing. It was quite calm and orderly and we actually had a good time. Guess all I can say is bring it *****.
    I'm not sure how to post pics. nor would I do that. My rep as a womanizer way precedes me as a fisherman
    Tarponator wrote: »
    Hi Scott! Glad to see you stop by this thread.

Unlike many, you are not anonymous, you aren't "inve$ted" in this fishery, and you've caught more than a few fish over the years on jigs.

Were you snagging them?

What are your thoughts on the potential of banning the jig?

Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...Mike

Hey Mike, Lord your patience with this thread knows no bounds. You have no idea how much I admire that. Were it not for the ******bags on this thread I'd answer your question. I'm there all year, let's get together to discuss. Whitebacon too as long as he leaves his brass knuckles at the door.
    14 snaggers lying to their clients. I lied to my clients when I said the snook was 40 inches instead of 39.
    Scotty, why do you think your prowess at snagging tarpon translates into expertness??? my bad the disease got you too
    No worries, Scott. I understand. I'll give you a ring when I get down there in early June....Mike
    Mike, why do so many people defend snagging tarpon? I thought fishing was a sport.
    ******bag, who said anything about expertness? I'm nothing more than a lowly rec.
    Mike, why do so many people defend snagging tarpon? I thought fishing was a sport.

Who is defending snagging? Certainly not me, and as best as I can tell nobody is.

As I've said in prior threads.... Although I still cannot fathom how it is occurring, I do think that some have perfected the "art" of snagging tarpon (intentionally or otherwise), but I also believe that tarpon eat the jig. What I can't figure out is the relative percentage of both types.

But really, I'm just making educated guesses. Admittedly, I've got practically zero experience fishing with a jig.

Tell me, Whitebacon, have you intentionally snagged a tarpon with a BGP jig? If you have, how can you be sure they weren't trying to eat it?
  • AlwaysAbuAlwaysAbu Posts: 476 Deckhand
    I'm not sure how to post pics. nor would I do that. My rep as a womanizer way precedes me as a fisherman

Quickly you are earning quite a reputation here that far execeeds either of the two above mentioned.

Abu, you have proven to be hanger-on. Keep snagging, keep jigging. Keep dreaming.

You *****, I deliver.
    I've made a specific promise tough guy. I will see this through. The next one thousand times I get a chance to derail your pathetic career I will take it.
    Tell Joe and GaryMerjercrkio that I am fishing in a snook tournament tomorrow. Tell fat man I am gunning for him at every juncture of his pathetic life. Can anyone dispute how many reach-arounds- Gary and Joe give each other?
    We've actually used computer enhancement software to determine that Joe Merjerkio lives with his mommy, and the big thieves Gary Ingman and his dead daddy stole $125 million from a Texas bank.
    Ya know my daddy made a living, but I'm a loser hanger-oner. Can't believe that obnoxious poster banged my daughter repeatedly.
    Gary Colecchio, Gary Ingman, Joe Mercurio know who I am. This isn't the kiddie crew. This is the no-****-around-crew. I'm invested because I've spent my life there. Spending another million bucks to eradicate the jiggers is tip money.

too bad we got it done.................just as I predicted
    Gary, this Tarpon debate is one thing. I have never debated your intelligence, your job hopping career, your eloquent word-smithing. Grow a sack, come up to Boca Grande in your "boat" and see the issues real time.

Here's another clue - I am short, and I promise I will hit you so hard your jaw will be wired for a year.
    How does one spell p u s s y? Gary cojerckio!!!!
    Gary, I thought you would have put up a better fight. Colecchio&Ingman&Mercurio..
    What a team of tools. Next time bring me a challenge.

1311269-moron.jpg
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    ScottK couldn't catch a ladyfish on the flats let alone a tarpon in the pass.

Keep trying though.

You might get lucky with a sail cat or 2.
  • CaptainBlyCaptainBly Posts: 2,378 Captain
    ScottK couldn't catch a ladyfish on the flats let alone a tarpon in the pass.

FINALLY!!!! Something on this thread I can agree with :grin
    In Loving Memory of James Zielske, January 19, 1957-July 5, 2013
  • sk018sk018 Posts: 2,958 Captain
    Please keep this thread going, Im getting a little bored at work...:crossed
    CaptainBly wrote: »
    FINALLY!!!! Something on this thread I can agree with :grin

Well, that definitely explains your piscatorial follies.....everything you know you learned from me :rotflmao

Mike, I spoke with Paul earlier today and we'd like to get together and discuss over a beer. I'll drop you an IM.
    One time ScottK got his line wrapped around his trolling motor and when the drag started screaming, he thought he had a huge Tarpon.

All he had was a mess to untangle.
    One time at band camp....
  • LGILGI Posts: 348 Officer
    Please don't tell me where Joey put the flute.
    I play the tuba
    I play the tuba

That does explain a lot of things actually....
  • AlwaysAbuAlwaysAbu Posts: 476 Deckhand
    30 April Press Release says PTTS filed a lawsuit vs Savethetarpon.com.
    One of you so called "power brokers" in the loop on this please scan the docs and post here for us nobodys to get a looksy.
  • LGILGI Posts: 348 Officer
    AlwaysAbu wrote: »
    30 April Press Release says PTTS filed a lawsuit vs Savethetarpon.com.
    One of you so called "power brokers" in the loop on this please scan the docs and post here for us nobodys to get a looksy.

Just found it, filed in Sarasota Circuit Court. Looks like the complaint was 235 pages long and it can not be viewed online.

I guess STT doing some damage for the PTTS to file suit. I would like to read it, but can't see how the PTTS has a case.

It will be like the Schnitt v. Bubba suit, a bunch of lawyers billing hours that goes nowhere. I also bet it will help STT raise a bunch of cash.
This discussion has been closed.