Home Ask the Law!

incident involving shallow water sailors

TriplecleanTripleclean Posts: 6,591 Officer
I became aware of an incident involving 3 sportsmen where they were "boarded" and issued misdeminors and dates for federal court. Some kind of noise about BUI acorrding to a PBT and maybe some kind of assult? The numerous local LE that provided back up didnt seen to care to haul off the accused, so im thinking the whole thing doesnt count. Any ideas?

Replies

• LODI QUACKERLODI QUACKER Posts: 149 Deckhand
    I cant help you with info, but what exactly is that mumbo jumbo supposed to mean?
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    I cant help you with info, but what exactly is that mumbo jumbo supposed to mean?

It means he cannot construct a coherent post.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • TriplecleanTripleclean Posts: 6,591 Officer
    It means he cannot construct a coherent post.

Quit stalking me, gary.....the only thing you are qualified to critque in a forum of sportsmen is sentance structure. At the other guy.....do to the on going nature of the situation vaguness it required to protect the innocent sportsmen. Bacisly my question was is it normal to issue assult charges and bui's with out local le arrestiing?
  • CDill9CDill9 Posts: 108 Officer
    Shallow water sailors? referring to Coast Guard??? The Coast Guard can arrest and they do not need local LE to carry it out. If they were operating within the parameters of a BUI and assaulted someone or one of the officers, then they were arrested for those reasons. Sounds pretty simple to me.

Or are you asking - why weren't they taken away in handcuffs and placed in a cell? Under that scenario, it was probably because there were no US Marshall's to take the federal offenders from the federal LE authorities (USCG) to transport the federal prisoners to the federal prison to sit in front of the federal magistracy (Judge). So they were probably instructed to issue a notice to appear and if they don't, they will have a federal warrant issued for their arrest.
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    Reading posts (esp. on fishing forums) I'm so often reminded of why those boring English classes were so important... If you really want to convey your message (or ask a question), then sentence structure & spelling really does matter...
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
    Stamis... english teachers like you and gary can marry each other. This CD gentalman answered my question perfuctly in nice plane english. So i guess these marshalls that didnt come will end up comming for these find peolpe and take them to court.....will they be lots of illegals down at this lock up? I guess it must have something to do with this suquester.
    When 3/4 comments are related to your absolute butchering of our language that should tell you something...
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
    When 3/4 comments are related to your absolute butchering of our language that should tell you something...

Im over here having man talk about about real things......All you two would have is cold poop in your pants sticking to the side of your legs.....Where as these true sportsmen in this incident when and got more booze, cuz they drank it.... In front of the swallow water fair weather sailors..... And went back out and fished the numbers for 5 more hours....The pukers in the orange boat got cold and hungry and realized who the true watermen were.... I think they give these guys badges and medals names like.....Socially Aware, with oak cluster. Diversity with a brown ring. Carbon free with campagine star....

Call it what you want....These guys involved in this incident are A-holes and its best that people leave them alone....thats why they enjoy being on water and away from people.. Maybe the shallow water people need to hold some sensivity training with their brothers at TSA called "They are just A-holes, if you take it personally they win and are inside your decision making loop.....Next step they make you do something stupid, you lose your job and they get a fat-lawsuit pay-off and get eat fat steaks with Bill O'reilley in NYC"

You might be in law enforcement, but when you start writing narritives that dont fit the actors actions to make up charges because you took something they SAID personally...... you are done.
    The most frustrating part of all this is that I think I agree w/you, but it's hard to know...
    Quit stalking me, gary.....the only thing you are qualified to critque in a forum of sportsmen is sentance structure. At the other guy.....do to the on going nature of the situation vaguness it required to protect the innocent sportsmen. Bacisly my question was is it normal to issue assult charges and bui's with out local le arrestiing?

I still don't know what the hell you are talking about.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    Yep, this is how it all starts......

In the end they always end up calling the Po-Po.....
  • fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,384 Officer
    Tripleclean; I'm not an English teacher but you NEED a remedial English course; try your local community college. I can't understand your post either! Or maybe, let the drugs wear off before posting. :grin
    old stick with no med........You did good nuff is school for the both of us. The one guy that knows this stuff answered my question in clear english......To accuss me use of this crap language and insult me about drugs....That the local LE drug dog couldnt find.....OH snap stix...we all shoot like mad too and the dang dog couldnt even gunpower alert!!!!

You are good just monitering this freq......keep the channel open and stick the intergotive up garys of stamus or your self.....;.

Me and the cop understood eacher just fine.
    Do you have any ide3a how stupid that is.....Like I would set foot at such a place with out a written contract where they were going to pay me......and you call your self in consturction....shameful, go drink some more earl grey and eat some more cream cheese.....Like the time you.....

Just keep using that ring....... at least most of the guys that can stick it up your gary respect the ring...After you got that ring you have had to do much else except accuse people of being on drugs or stupid.....

I can read and write and understand things.....I am man and as much of one as anyother.

I got attorneys that write stuff and then I proof read it......

I got stuff to do.....

lock thnis thread so these fools stop talking all this english.....community college.....only if they hire me as the prime contractor.
    Do you have any ide3a how stupid that is...

No.

I sorry I missed types,,,,,the republicans called and needed my credit card number so they could do something for the counrty.

I'll pay some hot college student or grad school chick to give me remedial english.....heck she could take dictation if she was here now...or I could just lift up the key board off my lap and keep typing over her head?

This is all fish styx idea.......Now iam seen things his way..... belay all my lasts....
  • Capt.EdCapt.Ed Posts: 368 Deckhand
    Holy crap......... this was a hard thread to read.:huh I feel stupid just reading it?
    It will be a sad day when the last little mom and pop marina is gone to developers and only the rich will be able to enjoy the waters of Florida.
    you were already stupid before you came here, the talking ED on TV is smarter and has more to say, who pulled your string?....... Edit your profile and change that capital "c" to a lower case "c"

that is my english tip for the day.
    capt.Ed while your around stalking my posts calling yourself stupid.....If you put on more weight, dropped the fish, and maybe wore a straw hat with a BO stained shirt holding a beer I would think you were Menzies.....Now that guy is smart, he is just morally incorrect.
    I dont come over to this ask the law section for anyother reason to ask the law.....

All you floatsum and Jetsum follow me like seafoam......

Why dont you all go down to your local police station and hang uselessly around like you haunt bookstores and coffee shops! Im here because I have business.

little c ED real little.
    Lock this out.....

I got my answer.
  • muddminnowmuddminnow Posts: 11 Greenhorn
    YOU GUYS ARE A HOOT!!
    This si (oops) is the funnest thing I've read in a long time. My spelling and gramer sucks as well but I believe there is a spell check....OH! there it is. ****...It doesn't work.

Keep going,
    All i can say is the "ask the law" section isnt the humor section of FSFF, these trolls like Gary, Stamus, and admiral earl grey might have never been funnyvin their entire lives......they need a stuffy section where they can double check tax forms and gramical errors.....maybe a genology section.....they can fight over family lines.....i got to run.....got to fish....im a sportsman.
  • fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,384 Officer
    LOL! Anytime you're here it doubles as the humor forum! :grin
  • SRQ Hunt and FishSRQ Hunt and Fish Posts: 51 Deckhand
    This is awesome. Thanks for the entertainment gents
  • magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    Dam, Clean, Clean, Clean. You bringing it.

As one old sailor to another, the phrase is (or was) "Shallow water mudduck."

Hope this helps.
  • nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,356 Admiral
  • got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
    magot wrote: »
    Dam, Clean, Clean, Clean. You bringing it.

As one old sailor to another, the phrase is (or was) "Shallow water mudduck"

Hope this helps.

Never heard that one before. I always just called them "****". You drive by them heading out to sea, never got stopped. Coming in it like more than every other time,, and boarding to do a [cough-cough] "safety check" Um, HELLO!, If you were so concerned about my safety, you'd check me before I headed out to 4-6.

No folks, its just like red light cameras, its all about revenue. We now have a standing policy of destroying the evidence. Go out to sea w/case of beer-empties see Davey Jones' locker.
  • CoxsterCoxster Posts: 3,086 Captain
    Tripleclean, how many teeth do you have?
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,688 AG
    I understood everything 3clean said, made sense to me.

Shallow water mudducks....:grin:grin
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.