Trailer tires

Trailer tires ??

While I'm a few weeks away from my first trip, I know that I'm gonna' need trailer tires this year and kinda' sorta' suspect that there's as many ways to skin this cat as.....

The boat sits sometimes for months at a time on the trailer at the "you store it place" on 15th st. in MB, typically makes a 10 mi. or so round trip to the fillin' station, ramp and back to the storage.

So, brands, and more importantly dealers, or another way, who do you like and who do you don't. Who is a crook and who ain't. Don't remember any dealers in St. Joe, but there may be a couple. Callaway or Parker ok, do not want to go into PC proper. Also chances are that they'll have to be ordered, so better to have them in the shop when I get there.

Input appreciated as always.

tk

Replies

• acarbacarb Posts: 2,357 Captain
    I bought mine here local,wheels and all.Mine stays in fla as well and the wheels catch hell between sitting and getting dunked at the ramp.The price up here was a lil less painful as well and i use the old ones as spares.
  • tan mantan man Posts: 89 Deckhand
    I keep my boat there too - in the covered section. My family owns a trailer dealerships in Fayetteville & Newnan, which might be on your way down from Canton. Might be worth a price check http://www.trailersforless.com/. Probably not what you were looking for - when you find a good place local to MB let me know.
  • mahiwahimahiwahi Posts: 180 Officer
    Walmart man
  • tk's joytk's joy Posts: 2,490 Officer
    I try my best to not support the Walmart foundation as they support Catch Shares, plus I don't really care to be around a lot of the people who frequent the place. Am I snob? Possibly, but it's my money. So..... gonna' have to figure this out, it can't be that bad, it's just trailer tires.

tk
  • sonnysonny Posts: 283 Officer
    I would check with Tire Kindom or other tire shops They wouldnt have tire and wheel combos but if your wheels are good it would be cheaper than buying a tire/wheel combo
  • FLCoyoteFLCoyote Posts: 271 Deckhand
    I've been very happy doing business with "the Corner Tire Store" downtown P.C. on Harrison Avenue. They are reasonable, courteous, and professional. Your can just drop the trailer off and come back in a couple of hours ready to go. I am not affiliated or connected with them in any manner other than as a customer.

FLCoyote
  • RedhunterRedhunter Posts: 435 Deckhand
    Hey Split,
    There is a new guy as you go into PSJ. Actually about a mile before the bridge. I had a tire fixed the other day and he was fair with the cost. His number (850) 229-7744. Call to get a cost. Look like he was set up for people with trailers, probably 20 trailer tires in stock at the time.
    Redhunter
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,172 Admiral
    That's good to know. I'm needing a spare rim and tire before I make any more long hauls. If open on the weekends I'll try and wheel in there in the next week or so.