Skip to main content
Home Fly Fishing

Spring is upon us..

mangohunter11mangohunter11 Senior MemberBiscayne BayPosts: 442 Officer
Well folks spring is here and temps in South Florida are holding around 90 degrees not factoring in the humidity level at a level of "disgusting". Fish are starting to show up where they have been absent for some time. Although weak cold fronts continue to plague South Florida causing heavy east winds to persist I have kept my lines wet by venturing out and connecting through other channels. With only a few weather windows I have been able to jump on the kayak and pursue some fish and on those rough days a little walking was necessary to keep me connected.
IMG_1258_zps837d9818.jpg
IMG_1292_zpsdb402570.jpg
IMG_1287_zps6f5b1af4.jpg
IMG_1280_zpsa658cc21.jpg
IMG_1291_zps68fead37.jpg
gator_zps6134245e.jpg
These pesky little guys pretty prevalent in our water and are not reluctant to hit a lure. This little guy hit my buddies fly and I of course had to play gator wrestler. He was set free immediately after recieveing a free bill of health.
Peacock bass are starting to show in nice numbers in most local water ways and are great fun on fly or light tackle on those days the wind is blowing 20 plus knots.
IMG_1257_zpsdb56e2a4.jpg
My Buddy with a nice sight casted bucket mouth on fly.
IMG_1254_zpsc5a247e3.jpg
IMG_1251_zps843dceb4.jpg
I was able to hit the flats for a little scouting before the winds and mother nature came down on us.

IMG_1298_zps91aa4f9e.jpg
IMG_1296_zpsc8e3f6b6.jpg
IMG_1305_zps12d99c7f.jpg
IMG][/URL]
IMG_1300-002_zps5765b647.jpg
Tools of the trade
IMG_1313_zps0be3cc86.jpg

Replies