Everglades Topwater Frogging Bass

We finally have running water in the lower part of the everglades. I use a frog year round, but the summer downpours usually lead to some pretty good topwater action. Today I had determined that I would concentrate on frogging. Caught a dozen bass in an 75 minutes and missed that many. Lost the biggest to an alligator. Hindsight being 20/20 I could have backed off the fish and he would probably would have gotten away. Nothing big but it always fun to hit em on top. I used a spinner bait on a couple of them as well. I used a Shimano Cumara 7-2 med/hvy with a Shimano Curado 200e7 w/40# Suffix 832 braid.

Replies

• CajunRichCajunRich Posts: 262 Officer
    Do you need a co host for your show for some afternoon trips? I will be doing a job in Immokalee and would love to fish the area. I am bringing both bass and inshore gear to get in on some action. I will be living in Everglades City.
  • reelstrip'nreelstrip'n Posts: 45 Deckhand
    Very cool vid!!!!!!!
  • Flat yakkinFlat yakkin Posts: 195 Deckhand
    Looked like a lot of fun. I was down there when it was real dry and caught a lot of bass on jerk baits with no weight. Cool video.
  • Boatless-In-BrowardBoatless-In-Broward Posts: 78 Deckhand
    Man, those gators are ballsy and so are you for standing there in front of them holding a flopping fish. Thanks for posting another great video.
  • RollinRollin Posts: 1,543 Captain
    Nice work Shane :thumbsup:thumbsup