Skip to main content
Home Sportsman's Kitchen

Traeger Grills

PullinlipPullinlip Senior MemberSt. AugustinePosts: 576 Officer
Anyone ever owned/used one of these? Any pro or cons? It's about time for a new smoker and they seem pretty cool from what I have read online.
A village in Ireland has lost their idiot.

Replies

• BColleyBColley Senior Member Ormond Beach, FlPosts: 401 Deckhand
    If your going to spend that kind of money you should look at the Big Green Egg. You wont be disappointed.
    JBC

Chaos Tarpon Bay
    Ocean Master 31
  • PullinlipPullinlip Senior Member St. AugustinePosts: 576 Officer
    BColley wrote: »
    If your going to spend that kind of money you should look at the Big Green Egg. You wont be disappointed.

I have looked at the BGE, and they are nice, butI am also looking at other options.
    A village in Ireland has lost their idiot.
  • FlashFlash Senior Member Chiefland/Cedar KeyPosts: 12,488 AG
    Aren't these the ones that use pellets? Will you be able to get a constant supply? Must you use THEIR pellets only?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • BColleyBColley Senior Member Ormond Beach, FlPosts: 401 Deckhand
    They are a pellet grill/smoker. I don't know if you have to use their pellets or not. I watched the video on the website and it looks pretty cool but, how high of a temperature can you reach with it? Can you sear steaks with it or is it a lower temp smoker?
    JBC

Chaos Tarpon Bay
    Ocean Master 31
  • J.B.J.B. Junior Member NaplesPosts: 17 Greenhorn
    I've been using Traeger smokers for the past 6 years. Its a great product for smoking, but has limitations for grilling as it is difficult to get it much over 450 degrees. You can use any food grade pellet in it.
    I'm a dealer and will sell you any of their products at my cost if you're interested.
    Contact me by pm for pricing or if you have any questions
  • ghoundghound Member Posts: 34 Deckhand
    I got one about five months ago-very pleased with it. We got the Lil Tex Elite. We cook steaks on it all the time with no problem. It is awsome for smoking!