My Observation of the CC boat ramp and boaters form an NE cobia hunter...

I had the chance to fish CC Friday with a buddy on his 17' Maverick. We got to the ramp about 10 amid it was packed. I noticed everyone that had a trailer was parked well and made room for each other and those without trailers parked so not to block parking for trailers.:applauseThe ramp seemed to be a well oiled machine too. I didn't see one person jacking up the ramp screwing with their boat rather than launching and getting the hell out of the way so another boat could launch...very nice....:applause
With so many boats out I was wondering how and if it was going to be a zoo in certain areas. We covered water all the way out to 104' of blue water then made our way back in looking for rays.:fishing Came only to see two rays for the day as I guess it will be a few more weeks till they show up. We came up on a pack of 7 boats working very close but noticed everyone was staying out of each others way while TTT hunting...
All in all I was very impressed with everything I saw at the ramp and on the water. Keep up,the great work guys and gals... BTW... Your green and blue water is soooooo nice!!!:Rockon

Slug-O
USCG Licensed and Insured Charter Capt. PRIME TIME CHARTERS 904-591-8906 ICW and Back Waters fishing. Palmvalleycharters.com

Replies

• smithbama1221smithbama1221 Posts: 271 Officer
    Yeah....it was crowded, but for the most part orderly. I was reminded why I avoid fishing on the weekend like the plague. I'm a people-person (except when I'm fishing) LOL

Ken
    Tight lines y'all.......just rolling with the Tide!
  • Big WormBig Worm Posts: 61 Deckhand
    Yeah it's a good ramp. My only ***** is when fishing alone there really is no place to tie up for a few minutes while getting truck.
  • flightcontrollerflightcontroller Posts: 58 Deckhand
    Slug-O wrote: »
    I noticed everyone that had a trailer was parked well and made room for each other and those without trailers parked so not to block parking for trailers
    Slug-O

We weren't so lucky.. I want to thank all those who parked east and west and blocked several of us in... :banghead No regards for others! If it wasn't for a couple of husky fellow anglers that helped us slide our 30' trailer several times in order to make a 25 point turn to escape,, we would have been sitting at grills drinking several beers waiting on the someone to move out so we could get out... On second thought,, hanging out at grills wouldn't have been that bad if we all didn't have family plans to attend to...
  • screamin seamanscreamin seaman Posts: 1,492 Officer
    We always try to get in early to watch some of bozos at the ramp while sippin' on drinks from grills... or get in late after the crowds have had plenty of time to jack knife their trailer, load and move on.
    For the most part everything goes smoothly there but people still need to learn that a 40' wide ramp is plenty wide for two trailers to be dunked.
    Signature
  • Slug-OSlug-O Posts: 3,017 Captain
    I learned a long time ago that a public boat ramp and a used tire shop are two places to go if you want to laugh!!!
    USCG Licensed and Insured Charter Capt. PRIME TIME CHARTERS 904-591-8906 ICW and Back Waters fishing. Palmvalleycharters.com
  • on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,907 Admiral
    Yeah....it was crowded, but for the most part orderly. I was reminded why I avoid fishing on the weekend like the plague. I'm a people-person (except when I'm fishing) LOL

Ken
    ^ this is funny!
  • Snook69Snook69 Posts: 128 Deckhand
    You must have picked a lucky time to launch. I headed out late yestarday because I'm a restaurant manager and can't get up early. A husband and wife team were already coming in while we were launching. She jumped off onto the dock with the bow line and for some reason wrapped it around her waist a few times and held on. Well the wind drifted the boat away from the dock and the guy put it in reverse. You guessed it the wife spun around and into the water! She swam to the boat ramp and started cussing like a captain. Very lucky she wasn't hurt. Would have hated to be that guy driving home!!! I normally get to fish during the week. It was a zoo. Btw caught some nice tripletail and small kingfish but no cobias.
  • Slug-OSlug-O Posts: 3,017 Captain
    I got there at 10:00 and it was pretty busy!!! Yup the lady is very luck and poor guy!!!
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    Snook69 wrote: »
    A husband and wife team were already coming in while we were launching. She jumped off onto the dock with the bow line and for some reason wrapped it around her waist a few times and held on. Well the wind drifted the boat away from the dock and the guy put it in reverse. You guessed it the wife spun around and into the water! She swam to the boat ramp and started cussing like a captain. Very lucky she wasn't hurt. Would have hated to be that guy driving home!!! I normally get to fish during the week. It was a zoo. Btw caught some nice tripletail and small kingfish but no cobias.

So you think that was accidental, huh?
    cuda-title2_zpsb81e4f1d.jpg
    greggl wrote: »
    Strive for self-sacrificial levels of empathy and sympathy. We are only set free by becoming the scapegoat, or sin eater', rather than picking a target and 'throwing stones.'
    nuevowavo wrote:
    Think you're pretty clever? Think again. Time for a break.
    :rotflmao
  • screamin seamanscreamin seaman Posts: 1,492 Officer
    I was out there yesterday (drinking) and didn't get to see too much action worthy of video taping.
    Signature