Wheres the good fishing and when?

crabbyjoecrabbyjoe Posts: 47 Deckhand
I live in west palm florida. We fish inshore on a 21' sailfish in west palm, jupiter, and hobe sound. I have crab traps in hobe sound, so Id like to find something in hobe sound near bridge road. I dont mind taking a boat ride if needed, but man we need to catch some fish. I found out the new moon is on the 9th, 10th, and 11th of april. Should I go at night inside, during this time? What should I use for bait, what kind of tackle, and any tips would be appreciated. Should I throw out a chum bag and anchor up? Should I move around? Looking to catch snapper, trout, or anything sporty or edible. Thanks for being here guys. I will be planning a trip with me my dad and brother for some seriouse fishing. Joe

Replies

• JEN'S REVENGEJEN'S REVENGE Posts: 640 Officer
    Go offshore anytime you can get out from now until at least the end of may. You will never want to catch a trout again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crabbyjoecrabbyjoe Posts: 47 Deckhand
    Go offshore anytime you can get out from now until at least the end of may. You will never want to catch a trout again.

can you add a little more detail? why til end of may? are you talking suring the day? you talking trolling, or anchoring at a reef? bait? fish? thanks.
  • JEN'S REVENGEJEN'S REVENGE Posts: 640 Officer
    I like to troll, but live bait seems to be the better choice in palm beach. I like to get a sea surface temperature picture the night before I go out, this gives me a good idea of where temp breaks, fingers and eddies are. These are the most likely areas to hold pelagic fish. I'm sorry but I have no information on the bottom fishing in palm beach. I do know that there is a lot of good bottom around there, but gets pressured pretty good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]