3/30 Wreck fishing

Here goes my first report. I decided do to a half day jigging trip with my buddy Eric. Cleared Hillsboro inlet around 7 armed with bags slapped full of jigs. We get to the first wreck and theirs marks all on the bottom of the screen. Let the jigs drop and no bites. After a few drops with zero bites we decided to bump over to the next wreck and my buddy brings up a Bonita. Re position the boat and we fire the jigs back down. I start to jig and immediately get hooked up. The fish starts to float up pretty easily when all of a sudden my line starts to peel off! I thumb spool in hopes to stop this mystery fish that ate whatever I had on the line but it keeps going. I'm now getting my *** handed to me and pinned down trying to stop this freight train. I get wrecked and lose my brand new jig. That really was a bummer. Anyways, we bumped around to a few more wrecks. Landed my first cobia on the jig and one decent size aj. The bite died off by 9 for us and so we headed in around 12. I can't forget while we were jigging a sailfish put on a show for us doing 8 jumps. That never gets old.

IMG_0699.jpg

Nice bend shot
IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

Replies