64 pound mahi off Ft. Pierce

Long time reader but have never posted before. Cleared the inlet at 6:30 with 3 buddies on Saturday. Put lines in around 180 feet and trolled due east. Came up on a slick in 450 feet and saw plenty of blackfin jumping but could not hook up. Continued east until 720 feet. Came up on some scattered weeds and plenty of fliers. Hooked up on a nice 12 pound bull, which hit a homemade yellow daisy chain with a naked bally. A nice 10 minute fight and he was in the box. We re-set the spread and circled back towards the same spot. Halfway there, we spot a short log - about 3 feet long. Trolled past it and our 64 pound friend decided to inhale my ballyhoo with the blue and white islander skirt. The fight lasts about 40 minutes until we stick the gaff in him and hoist him over the engine well - there was no way we were going to be able to bring him over the gunnel. High 5s all around and re-set. Tried to find the log but never could. Boated one more 15 pound bull at the same depth.

I have no idea how to load the pics, but I will try.

Replies

• Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    I can help post!! Wow!!!! Great day all around. Welcome to the forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • Dominic74Dominic74 Posts: 729 Officer
    Wow, that's a slob, can't wait to see the pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flatsfisherflatsfisher Posts: 1,381 Officer
    welcome to the forum, and thats a slob. Looking forward to a pic
  • PortFiercePortFierce Posts: 127 Officer
    awesome, congrats. I've caught my 2 personally best mahi off the fort
  • JEN'S REVENGEJEN'S REVENGE Posts: 640 Officer
    Nice! My new year's resolution is a 50+, I haven't gotten it yet. Can't wait to see a pic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fishingbuddiesfishingbuddies Posts: 636 Officer
    beerhunter wrote: »

Send me a fillet and I'll tell you how to upload pics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “When you have to choose between two evils you still choose evil” Jerry Garcia
  • roweryborowerybo Posts: 2,091 Officer
    Sounds like a great fish. Hope to see pics.
  • linhlinh Posts: 327 Officer
    Cant wait to see some pics of this slob.
  • krisis7krisis7 Posts: 65 Deckhand
    love to see it, but 1 post, joined in 2011.... is something fishy?
  • JEN'S REVENGEJEN'S REVENGE Posts: 640 Officer
    krisis7 wrote: »
    love to see it, but 1 post, joined in 2011.... is something fishy?

I hope so, I want a 64 pounder for the first tournament of the season. I'll take a 34 pounder after last year's results.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SFCarlSFCarl Posts: 300 Officer
    PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN :rotflmao
  • Flat yakkinFlat yakkin Posts: 195 Deckhand
    :Agree
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    :funnypost This is as real as Google Sniff without pic http://www.google.com/landing/nose/
  • VenturesomeVenturesome Posts: 1,743 Officer
    congrats............ gotta admit, I can't imagine trying to find the log again after boating a 64 pounder..........:Popcorn:Popcorn:Popcorn:Popcorn
    2392.jpg
  • JohnnyPlantJohnnyPlant Posts: 86 Deckhand
    Nice job. I can help u load pics.
  • WIXWIX Posts: 327 Officer
    WoW! Great Job! If you email me the pics I will post them 4 u. [email protected]
  • LastMangoLastMango Posts: 4,574 Officer
    Wow, you're torturing us without pics... Someone PAHLEASE help..... LOL.... Seriously, that's great, can't wait to see the pics...
    attachment.php?attachmentid=131572&d=1399127702
  • JohnnyPlantJohnnyPlant Posts: 86 Deckhand
    Maybe he's playing April fools joke on us all.
  • Captain DaveCaptain Dave Posts: 3,388 Captain
    Hope this is legit, and if so congrats. I know I'd find a way to figure out how to post the pics if I nabbed a 64 pounder. I have heard of two others 45+ lb bulls caught this weekend so the big slammers may be pushing through now.
    72262-albums10528-picture94957.jpg

Your Southeast Florida Real Estate Resource !
    www.HomesOfTreasureCoast.com

Search for homes on any mobile device with my FREE MLS SEARCH App !
    http://app.kw.com/KW2GYNJDM
  • scubadudescubadude Posts: 148 Deckhand
    APRIL FOOLS DAY I WANT TO SEE THIS FISH
  • Get SumGet Sum Posts: 360 Officer
    beerhunter wrote: »
    Long time reader but have never posted before. Cleared the inlet at 6:30 with 3 buddies on Saturday. Put lines in around 180 feet and trolled due east. Came up on a slick in 450 feet and saw plenty of blackfin jumping but could not hook up. Continued east until 720 feet. Came up on some scattered weeds and plenty of fliers. Hooked up on a nice 12 pound bull, which hit a homemade yellow daisy chain with a naked bally. A nice 10 minute fight and he was in the box. We re-set the spread and circled back towards the same spot. Halfway there, we spot a short log - about 3 feet long. Trolled past it and our 64 pound friend decided to inhale my ballyhoo with the blue and white islander skirt. The fight lasts about 40 minutes until we stick the gaff in him and hoist him over the engine well - there was no way we were going to be able to bring him over the gunnel. High 5s all around and re-set. Tried to find the log but never could. Boated one more 15 pound bull at the same depth.

Great catch! That must have been a freakin SLOB!!! But seriously, You had three buddies on board and didn't have the man power to hoist a 64# fish over the gunnel??:huh.
  • ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,664 Captain
    I call BULL on this one. No pics = all bull and not Bull Dolphin.
  • Derek ArsuaDerek Arsua Posts: 2,474 Officer
    C'mon with the pics I wanna see this stud!!!
  • greg4mtgsgreg4mtgs Posts: 51 Deckhand
    I caught a 48# bull off Ft. Pierce about 4 years ago, I can't imagine one nearly 50% larger than that one. Yours had to be 6 feet long. Would love to see a pic, I am smelling an April fools though. If not very nice job.
  • flatsfisherflatsfisher Posts: 1,381 Officer
    if this april fools its stupid because he should have at least waited to post until today
  • hookedcookhookedcook Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    Here's a couple nice ones for you guys since everybody wants to see some big fins.:cool:
  • TeaserTeaser Posts: 257 Officer
    I think it is legit. Someone is talking about it on thehulltruth
  • AlwaysforwardAlwaysforward Posts: 1,512 Captain
    Here is the steps to allow you to post pictures into your FS Forum post:

Set-up a Photobucket account (http://photobucket.com/) , it is free
    Once account is set-up, upload your pictures onto that site.
    Open up your fishing report into another window so you have it, and Photobucket open.
    Slide your mouse over the picture and gear appears in the upper righthand corner.
    Slide your mouse over the Gear and a drop down window appears.
    Slide the mouse down and click "Get Links"
    Slide the mouse down and select the "IMG Code"
    Go to your fishing report and click in the area where you want to put your picture.
    Now right click and paste the "IMG CODE" into your post.
    Repeat these steps for each picture you want to post.
    ALWAYSFORWARD, NEVER STRAIGHT...

Truckdecal-signature.jpg
  • lt20lt20 Posts: 97 Greenhorn
    Hookedcook

nice how big was that one and where did you catch it. Looks like you might be on a sailboat.
  • hookedcookhookedcook Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    Both were caught in the Bahamas. Never weighed them. I'm 6'1", any guesses of aproximate weight? The one in the small pic ate 2 lures! One was off a yacht and the pic with 2 is off a sailboat. There starting to show up here pretty thick, hopefully heading out in the morning!