Easter Porgy Pardon

Had 3 hours, dock to dock for a quick solo trip.... Worked ENE of the inlet for 2 hours in 65-75ft with ZERO keepers... Conditions were 1-2, some 3's with a very short interval, then, the winds came in to about 15, and it was actually more comfortable...

After 2 hours, moved out to 80ft, and about 1/2nm ESE of the inlet and on the first drop landed a decent porgy, about 18 inches... Something told me to release him, so he became an Easter Porgy Pardon...

That would be one keeper away from a skunk! Wow............

Short video here...
attachment.php?attachmentid=131572&d=1399127702

Replies

• e-moneye-money Posts: 4,258 Captain
    Excellent karma Last mango!
    USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
    20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
    [url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
    (I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fishingbuddiesfishingbuddies Posts: 636 Officer
    Very nice you will be repaid, but not by me LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “When you have to choose between two evils you still choose evil” Jerry Garcia
  • LastMangoLastMango Posts: 4,574 Officer
    Very nice you will be repaid, but not by me LOL

That's funny... Sounds like something I'd say... Very good... However, my next Porgy will be bigger than your Porgy! <more laughing...>
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    Yea... He def woulda been our dinner :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • Jupiter Double D'sJupiter Double D's Posts: 609 Officer
    Great stuff. Your building credits with the man upstairs on his day!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Double D's crew proudly uses Canyon Gear tackle
  • fishingbuddiesfishingbuddies Posts: 636 Officer
    LastMango wrote: »
    That's funny... Sounds like something I'd say... Very good... However, my next Porgy will be bigger than your Porgy! <more laughing...>
    You want bet??? I'll show you up any time. Glad to see a some of us still have a sense of humor on here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “When you have to choose between two evils you still choose evil” Jerry Garcia
  • LastMangoLastMango Posts: 4,574 Officer
    You want bet??? I'll show you up any time. Glad to see a some of us still have a sense of humor on here.

Only way to solve this one is to go fishing together........... LOL I'm good this week, how about you?