Fishing on top of each other

jbsb6502jbsb6502 Posts: 1 Greenhorn
I just have to say, I took dad out of Cape Canaveral Saturday dropped a marker on some structure put out the anchor and backed up on it and was all good till a charter came up an sat on top of me 50 feet of my boat on top of my anchor. is the Atlantic not big enough for two boat? Whats your thought...

Replies

• finbullyfinbully Posts: 664 Officer
    50 feet is too close. Maybe you can hook a big fish and zip their anchor line off...
  • Eddyc01Eddyc01 Posts: 34 Greenhorn
    Courtesy goes a long way in the water these days.
    It would have been a bit more appropriate if the other boat would have asked you how the fishing is in the area and if you'd mind if he fishes in the same area as you, all the while keeping a reasonable distance from where you're anchored.
  • Josh85Josh85 Posts: 377 Officer
    Man half the people on the water are inconsiderate as hell. They will pull up right on top of you if they see you catching fish. Thats when you get pissed off and keep crossing their lines all up and act stupid. Its a huge fishery- and someone sees you bend a rod, youll be able to walk from your boat to theirs. I totally agree with what your saying-just start singing 3/4 egg weights at their heads goin 100mph theyll get it :grin
  • Josh85Josh85 Posts: 377 Officer
    Eddyc01 wrote: »
    Courtesy goes a long way in the water these days.
    It would have been a bit more appropriate if the other boat would have asked you how the fishing is in the area and if you'd mind if he fishes in the same area as you, all the while keeping a reasonable distance from where you're anchored.
    Exactly...courtesy, its just being a good person- dont pull right up on me and then look at me stupid and stay quiet the whole tide change...go "hey buddy! Can I join you guys, looks like your tearing them up over here!!" Most guys on the water wouldnt mind a bit, and if they do then you dont want to fish near them anyways
  • JEN'S REVENGEJEN'S REVENGE Posts: 661 Officer
    That sucks but you can't let it stress you out. If you know the guy is a charter just book a few...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ItzsydItzsyd Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    I got a buddy who was fishing with his wife and they were tearing up the trout. Weekday, not a boat in sight. Boat pulls up right next to them 20 feet away and they didn't say a word, just started fishing. He calmly undressed himself and stood on the front deck and continued fishing. Needless to say the other boat pulled anchor and left. His wife confirmed the story.
    Every time someone does it to me I think about that and laugh a little. People can be a-holes on the water, it blows my mind sometimes. There is no excuse for it, plenty of water out there.
  • JEN'S REVENGEJEN'S REVENGE Posts: 661 Officer
    Itzsyd wrote: »
    I got a buddy who was fishing with his wife and they were tearing up the trout. Weekday, not a boat in sight. Boat pulls up right next to them 20 feet away and they didn't say a word, just started fishing. He calmly undressed himself and stood on the front deck and continued fishing. Needless to say the other boat pulled anchor and left. His wife confirmed the story.
    Every time someone does it to me I think about that and laugh a little. People can be a-holes on the water, it blows my mind sometimes. There is no excuse for it, plenty of water out there.
    I'm doing this next time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • avmechavmech Posts: 1,362 Officer
    Just float some brown trout their way.................
    Member #10822
  • Carl SpacklerCarl Spackler Posts: 301 Officer
    Skunk pee cover scent= 4.99, Walgreen's super-soaker water gun= 12.99, Saltwater= free, charter boat guy trying to figure out why his boat suddenly smells like skunk ****= priceless.
    The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once. -- Judge Alex Kozinski,