Boynton Dolphin - 3/30

Headed out of Boynton on my friends boat yesterday, left the dock around 7am , we picked up some pilchards from the bait guy and started trolling our spread , heading north towards the Ritz, we picked up a decent phin in 160ft on the down rigger, it hit a ballyhoo/islander combo, and nothing else all the to the Pier. We headed off shore to look for some weed lines and came across a few guys in 600 ft trolling an area, with not too many weeds around , and one saw one of the boats fighting a small phin, so we stopped to take a look,there ended up being a small crate in the water. We threw some pilchards out near the area and caught 5 small dolphin off of it , we didn't see any bigger than 23" and I don't like keeping small dolphin, so we left the rest and headed to about 1000ft were we found some nice weed patches, we trolled around for a while with nothing, stopped on some of the patches and threw some livies out and no takers. We finished the day trolling in front of the inlet and were in by 2pm. Nothing exciting , but we brought home dinner, might take the kids out to the reef today for some snapper.
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    Perseverance paid off! Way to go and happy Easter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • flatsfisherflatsfisher Posts: 1,381 Officer
    nice job! Seems like it was slow for many yesterday but you did quite well!
  • Lori Jo FishingLori Jo Fishing Posts: 666 Officer
    Nice job on the phins.

No phins for us today, Just 4 tuna's and some slop on the ocean today.
  • fishingbuddiesfishingbuddies Posts: 636 Officer
    Very nice way to go. Got some good fresh dinner there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “When you have to choose between two evils you still choose evil” Jerry Garcia
  • roweryborowerybo Posts: 2,091 Officer
    Good catching, some decent phins in there
  • Island JackIsland Jack Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    Dominic, I hope you don't mind me jumping on your report, but what boat were you on? My dad and I went out Boynton around 730, dead east to the stream, and started trolling around. Around the Ritz we got a double header then saw a crab bouy right near our boat; it was attached to a crate/crab pot, double header became triple header! Landed two then searched for bouy. Found it and did the Chinese fire drill and boated a few more, none with real size but def good fillets! We were in black 23 wellcraft, boat with 4-5 guys aboard (was that you Dominic?) graciously waited till we drifted off before hitting the bouy; we were happy to see someone else jump on some good action because the ocean was dead up till that. Few others rolled up by the time we got cleaned up, so we headed in, happy with some fillets! Congrats on making the best of the day! Sure is fun to catch em up, and see other people do the same!
  • Get SumGet Sum Posts: 360 Officer
    Nice job Dominic, what boat were you on? I was getting bait from Gary around the same time.
  • Plane Fish nPlane Fish n Posts: 6,439 Admiral
    Dominic,

Great job... way to bring home some dinner.

Cheers

Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • Dominic74Dominic74 Posts: 729 Officer
    Dominic, I hope you don't mind me jumping on your report, but what boat were you on? My dad and I went out Boynton around 730, dead east to the stream, and started trolling around. Around the Ritz we got a double header then saw a crab bouy right near our boat; it was attached to a crate/crab pot, double header became triple header! Landed two then searched for bouy. Found it and did the Chinese fire drill and boated a few more, none with real size but def good fillets! We were in black 23 wellcraft, boat with 4-5 guys aboard (was that you Dominic?) graciously waited till we drifted off before hitting the bouy; we were happy to see someone else jump on some good action because the ocean was dead up till that. Few others rolled up by the time we got cleaned up, so we headed in, happy with some fillets! Congrats on making the best of the day! Sure is fun to catch em up, and see other people do the same!

There were two boats trolling around the area when i got there around 10-10:30 , not sure if i remember seeing you, you might have been gone by then, I was on an older 25ft center console with twin mercs. Was definitely nice to pull a few fins of that crate, like you said not much else going on after that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]