Spring break fishing 3/30

...well for my friend it was spring break coming up from Miami. We had our hopes to fish both inshore and offshore. Cleared the inlet 6:30am with a livewell full of live shrimp. Headed to my reef spots and stayed on a consistent rod bending bite. We quickly boated a few Lane Snappers up to 2-3lbs and enough grunts to keep our hands busy in between snapper catches. We kept 15 and released many more. Had one cobia bite the whole day. We finished out the day at the sandbar and showed him around for future trips. Glad we stayed offshore as we heard inshore kinda sucked today. We actually were hoping to get out further for dolphin, tuna, and sailfish but we kept it close and to the point.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• roweryborowerybo Posts: 2,091 Officer
    Way to show a friend a good time
  • austinmay98austinmay98 Posts: 50 Deckhand
    nice job im pretty sure i saw u guys today i was in a 25 triton u guys had that sea fox flats boat right??
  • snook87snook87 Posts: 1,707 Captain
    nice job im pretty sure i saw u guys today i was in a 25 triton u guys had that sea fox flats boat right??

yeah, there were so many boats around us we just shuttered out everyone else so i might have seen it but cant say for sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    Nice tally. What is the yellow fish?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • onICEonICE Posts: 987 Officer
    Nice job man. Those lanes are tasty!
  • eQuipMatteQuipMatt Posts: 267 Officer
    Nice tally. What is the yellow fish?

Nice catch guys! Nice Spanish hog too!
    eQuipMatt wrote: »
    Nice catch guys! Nice Spanish hog too![/QUOTE

Thanks, So that what that is? when we pulled it up thats we thought it was a hogfish but after boating it i was guessing it was just a variety of a parrotfish...did have some gnarly teeth on it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LastMangoLastMango Posts: 4,574 Officer
    Nice catching... A few of those Lanes look pretty good size....
    attachment.php?attachmentid=131572&d=1399127702
    Thanks guys. These were some of the biggest lanes I've gotten from there. My friend definitly was impressed and had a great time up here after a 50+ redfish day in the glades the day before. We both are fished out lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mandaferretmandaferret Posts: 932 Officer
    Definitely spanish hog. The regulations are a bit ambiguous about whether you can keep them or not, but I am sure they would taste great.
    What happened the the lane in the bottom of the group picture?
  • fishingbuddiesfishingbuddies Posts: 636 Officer
    Way to go guys nice haul and good eats there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “When you have to choose between two evils you still choose evil” Jerry Garcia
    Definitely spanish hog. The regulations are a bit ambiguous about whether you can keep them or not, but I am sure they would taste great.
    What happened the the lane in the bottom of the group picture?

We didn't keep the Spanish hogfish as we didn't know anyways. We had a early lunch with that one snapper at one of the islands and kept the heads for fish soup later. Nothing I keep goes to waste.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]