Sabiki stuck inside BaitStick

teamshrinkteamshrink Posts: 8 Greenhorn
Anyone ever get their rig stuck up in their stick? :rotflmao

Jokes aside, any ideas for getting it out? The swivel broke so the weight fell off. The rig is stuck up inside. I can't reach it with pliers.

TS

Replies

• Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,467 Moderator
    Don't know if it will work, but try a vacuum cleaner. Or pull the butt cap off and shove it thru with a coat hanger
  • GermGerm Posts: 1,704 Captain
    mechincal fingers
  • amighoamigho Posts: 776 Officer
    teamshrink wrote: »

Jokes aside, any ideas for getting it out? The swivel broke so the weight fell off. The rig is stuck up inside. I can't reach it with pliers.

TS
    Try running the hose from the reel end, should blow it out. If that doesn't work, put bubble gum on a coathanger and stick it. Yeah, very experienced with the sabiki devil :banana
    :fishing:USA
  • fsu11fsu11 Posts: 1,955 Captain
    teamshrink wrote: »

TS

Hahaha me and a coworker just said how that always happens and hes just done away with the bait sticks completely because its more hassle than a gain
  • Reel TeaseReel Tease Posts: 657 Officer
    I second the water hose. Had to do it once and it flushed it out.
  • John1352John1352 Posts: 232 Officer
    Take a piece of wire leader about two feet longer than the rod. About two inches from the end bend it back against the main wire. Now take the unbent end and thread it from the reel end out the tip. From the tip end fish it out slowly. The hook at the other end will snag the rig and pull it right out. Used this method more than a couple times.