Anyone done complete re-wiring on 23' CC?

Thinking about completely re-wiring a 23' Parker. anyone have any idea who would do that and at what cost? The boat is 25 years old and has 25 years worth of "re-dos" none of them recent.
In addition to twin yamahas, the boat has Loran gear that needs to come out, Furuno depth finder, Garmin gps, after-market on-deck live well, am/fm and vhf, spreader light, running lights.... not much else.
twin batteries in the transom and a single battery under the console....
anyone with knowledge, let me know if there is any other information needed for some ideas.
Thanks for any help....

Replies

• CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    I've done a 24'. Wire is $$$$.
    Boatwire.com used to be about the best prices. I would suggest using junction strips throughout if there are dry places and use 100% tinned wire and the best sealed connectors you can get.
    Get some of these jobbies for areas where you don't use junction strips to create a perfect sealed connection. Use noninsulated butt connectors with it. http://www.spliseal.com/ You can get the glue gun from harborfreight cheap and works fine with the black sticks spliseal sells or the "clearish" regular glue.
    Get one of these awesome tools (griz pointed it out) for large cables and ratcheting crimpers for all others.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/hydraulic-wire-crimping-tool-66150.html

As far as making it look clean.. I'm no help there.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • Aquaholic IVAquaholic IV Posts: 799 Officer
    If you are looking for someone to do it for you and do it right, Mike from Master Repair. 4446 SE CommerceAvenue, Stuart. 772-220-7777. [email protected]. He will use the best quality wire, connectors, etc. and all his employees are expertly trained and he guarantees his work. He is the only one that touches my boats.
  • CAZMCAZM Posts: 93 Deckhand
    Thanks CaptTater and Aquaholic....
    I am looking for someone else to do it if i can afford it.... me doing anything that in-depth is a recipe for disaster...
    Anyone know someone in WPB area?
  • FLDXTFLDXT Posts: 2,521 Captain
    Master Repair...the $$ will depend on how bad a mess it is, they are not cheap, but it will be right.
  • Capt George GozdzCapt George Gozdz Posts: 630 Officer
    Master!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Capt. George Gozdz
    Host "Reel Time with Florida Sportsman"
    www.floridasportsman.com/rtfs

Flatlined Charters
    www.flatlinedcharters.com
  • GTSRGTSR Posts: 750 Officer
    BestBoatwire became genuinedealz.com. The guy is GREAT, great prices, fast service, I was very pleased with him. This goes back 3 years but I am sure he is still good.
  • JI SnookJI Snook Posts: 676 Officer
    Make the drive up to Stuart to see Mike Flavin at Master Repair. It will be done right and guaranteed.
  • snooknreds2snooknreds2 Posts: 514 Officer
    As stated wire is $$, but use the right stuff!
    Seal every single connection and termination that is made!

Honestly it's not that hard if you think of it component by component, before you start and during, but still remember the big picture of it all.

I did my 23 Robalo about 4 years ago by my self.
    A lazy fisherman is a boater!!
  • wpbthwpbth Posts: 443 Officer
    We use tin wire for a few things and work and the price is sky high, might be worth paying someone to do it, they are going to get better pricing on the wire than you so hopefully that offsets some of the cost.
    :fishing