Double D's Solo Jupiter Trip 3-30-13 Dolly, BFT and King (had to really work for it)

Double D's Solo Jupiter Trip 3-30-13 Dolly, BFT and King (had to really work for it)

WOW! Worked hard today but ended up with a nice Blackfin (chubby guy!), decent dolly and small kingfish. Started at 6am and called it quits around 230pm. It was a slow day all around but at least I didn't get skunked.
BAIT-North Rocks -dozen gogs and half dozen runners but it wasn't easy.
TROLLED for wahoo....no luck. Did later land a dolphin on a bally rigged with blue /green islander and I actually saw him chase it and attack. I was in around 180ft off Juno at the time.
Pretty cool!
LIVE BAIT DRIFT off Lost Tree in 200ft to 100ft. Got the king to eat a live gog on the bottom in 140ft.
TROLLED AGAIN. Had a couple of hits, but didn't bite all the way. I was zig zaging from Juno to Jupiter between 120ft out to 400ft. On the way back in I think I have weed on the planer and check it to find a nice Blackfin on the line. NICE SURPRISE!!!
Caught a couple of BOBO's on the planer as well. While trolling in 410ft of water off Jupiter I found a nice weedline. I am thinking jackpot.......
Not so. I worked it for a solid hour or more. Drifted livies, trolled, slow trolled live gogs but nothing......
Not too often do you find a nice weedline that doesn't produce. Oh well......
Still a nice day overall and just had seared tuna on the grill covered in sesame seeds.... Yummy!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Double D's crew proudly uses Canyon Gear tackle

Replies