E$ 24 hour recap (Sails, Kings, Grouper, Dolphin, Snapper FALSE Albacore :) 3/30/13

E$ is a little pooped after fishing a week straight but overall it has been decent.
(Thursday HOT, Friday Sat Warm, Sunday OFF to hang w wife, Little Bob and family..)

Friday I was blessed to run a trip for Don and Nancy on gorgeous 34' Jupiter
(Thank you sooo much Team Tuppens for referral) :hail
Super nice people and we left about 7 AM

Set up in 160' and drifted w/o a bite for an hour. :huh
Nancy hooked a good gaffer dolphin on kite, (jumped off tho) then quiet.

Found a nice weedline / rip edge in 120 and power drifted w kites.
OMG had a quad of LIT UP SAILS pop up and EAT. Experienced some frustration when 2 fish ran right thru the HEAVY grass.

Clean release on 1 fish for Don and Palm Beach released 1 I got tight on, fought to boat, then broke off
Don was pretty stoked to get his first ever billfish on new boat!!
Here is a video dedicated to his friend Charlie up N!

We also caught a bunch of bottom fish but nothing too special.(Porgies, grunts YT etc)
I was frustrated about hooking 2 cobes and losing both (1 to sharks, 1 broke off) but that's fishing.

Saturday had Derek, Steve and the girls on a tight 24' CC w twins (Sea Swirl)
Could not ask for a nicer group of FINE human beings. :hail
High speed trolled for 30 minutes w 0 wahoo :shrug
Tried to get kite up but wind was faltering. :banghead
Caught a decent king about 15lbs and a box of bottom fish. The gals were tearing em up on guppy rig, and Steve got WORKED over
by some big bottom fish / cobes. He kept at it and then winched up a 7-8 lb SOLID 22" red Grouper (vented and released till season ARRGH))

Got a LARGE "Fale Albacore" and lost another nice cobe. (Jacked up leader to 80lbs and fish can still break you off (arrgh)
Although fishing was slow, the gang learned a LOT about fishing in this area and I am grateful for their generosity!!

Peace and Happy Easter to all the good anglers and their families! :angel
Little Bob sends love
USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
[url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
(I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
[email protected]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• Takes PrizonersTakes Prizoners Posts: 88 Greenhorn
    Nice, sounds like an awesome weekend
  • roweryborowerybo Posts: 2,091 Officer
    Great job finding fish even when it's tough
  • LastMangoLastMango Posts: 4,574 Officer
    No time for your friends......... I guess that's what happens when you become famous....... LOL... Okay, Honestly, congrats, you've been working hard, I just don't call early enough... Maybe Little Bob will write a letter to us... Oh, wait, he's famous too...:hail Hope to get out with you again sometime soon man...
    attachment.php?attachmentid=131572&d=1399127702
  • e-moneye-money Posts: 4,258 Captain
    LastMango wrote: »
    No time for your friends......... I guess that's what happens when you become famous....... LOL... Okay, Honestly, congrats, you've been working hard, I just don't call early enough... Maybe Little Bob will write a letter to us... Oh, wait, he's famous too...:hail Hope to get out with you again sometime soon man...

Thanks Takes Prisoners, Rowerybo and Dave. It is tough lining up the bite , weather and people's schedules Last Mango.
    If you give me a week's notice and preferred dates, love to get back on water w you
    20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
    (I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • on deckon deck Posts: 652 Officer
    Solid work again E$....How would you rate the ride in the Jupiter against a SeaVee or a Contender? They sure are purdy to look at.
  • D$$D$$ Posts: 75 Greenhorn
    Way to go E$!!!
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    Great job putting clients on the bite consistently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
    on deck wrote: »
    Solid work again E$....How would you rate the ride in the Jupiter against a SeaVee or a Contender? They sure are purdy to look at.

On Deck IMHO that 34' Jupiter rides like a wet dream. Better than Contender IMHO, comparable to the 34 Sea Vee!

Thx Long and D$$
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LET'S GOLET'S GO Posts: 2,041 Captain
    That smile on there faces sure shows NEW BOAT WITH FISH!!!

E$ Eric you are the man puting smiles on cients is part of the pay, and goes a long way for repeats and referals. When will we have our next GOOD WAHOO RUN ??? Thanks for the report.
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL FROM TEAM LET'S GO,
    BONES AND BOOMER. :dog :dog LET'S MAKE EVERY TRIP COUNT

baf44a4e-6651-4a38-8a03-7b1c3b6bd22b_zpse5ca0565.jpg L.G. LIFE IS GOOD ON THE "LET'S GO!"
  • oldtimeroldtimer Posts: 509 Officer
    Always great to see a wife/girlfriend/partner with a smile on their face aboard a boat.

Fortunate to have a wife who enjoys fishing/catching/boating.
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    Very nice E
  • Dominic74Dominic74 Posts: 729 Officer
    Nice job E$!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flatsfisherflatsfisher Posts: 1,381 Officer
    nice job on the sail, but too bad about the come, they can be tricky.
    nice job on the sail, but too bad about the come, they can be tricky.

Figured you mean Cobe (lol). Strange how sometimes the sharks play nice and others not so much
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oldtimer wrote: »
    Always great to see a wife/girlfriend/partner with a smile on their face aboard a boat.

Fortunate to have a wife who enjoys fishing/catching/boating.

Aint' that the truth Oldtimer! Couples that play and fish together, STAY together (in my experience)
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flatsfisherflatsfisher Posts: 1,381 Officer
    e-money wrote: »
    Figured you mean Cobe (lol). Strange how sometimes the sharks play nice and others not so much

yeah I meant cobe, stupid autocorrect on my phone.
  • Team TuppensTeam Tuppens Posts: 509 Officer
    Nice Job E$, Very cool too see they are enjoying there new boat and you are pointing them in the right direction, Great Job!! Thanks!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fishingbuddiesfishingbuddies Posts: 636 Officer
    Dam, you fish a week straight and you complain? Wish I had that problem. Way to go nice report keep them coming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “When you have to choose between two evils you still choose evil” Jerry Garcia
  • AlwaysforwardAlwaysforward Posts: 1,512 Captain
    Thanks for the report. :applause Congrats on putting smiles on their faces :beer
    ALWAYSFORWARD, NEVER STRAIGHT...

Truckdecal-signature.jpg