Skip to main content
Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Cold Snookin 3/30

SnookmeisterSnookmeister Senior MemberDunedin/BrandonPosts: 1,035 Officer
I was Dunedin this weekend for a wedding so naturally I am gonna fish lol. Me and my buddy Don started out down near Clearwater beach and caught some decent trout. The bait was so stupid thick we loaded up on fat whitebaits and some nice frisky ballyhoos. I told Don I knew a spot where some big snook hang in the cold near by and off we went.

We get there and my first bait is freaking out and gets popped once and missed. Then after a few minutes BOOM!! I got this beauty,

DF099C04-8EA0-4E7A-A053-7AAD59F110FA-3904-000008686FF164F8.jpg

So we fished there another hour or so and had three other explosions but no connection. Those big whitebaits and ballyhoo are so fast, the snook would bust them and the bait would be 20ft away 2 seconds later, lol understandably so. One of the explosions was a massive fish. The fish just didn't want to chase the baits that far.

However, tonight with it being warmer today might be different :). Get out there guys, this Springter season hopefully is easing it's grip.
Catch 'em and Release 'em!
http://tampaurbanangler.blogspot.com/

Replies