Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

Upper Grand Lagoon Yak fishing?

Going to be staying on the upper Grand Lagoon(west of Thomas dr bridge) this June and will have access to a yak. I am sure there are juvi reds around, but what else should I look for? Any suggestions on technique, bait, and areas would be awesome. This is not to say that I will not put in at some spots I am more familiar with, but since I have never been west of the Thomas Dr bridge I am literally flying blind. Going to be down off and on for over a month, so will have plenty of time to explore. Thanks guys

Replies

• donald811donald811 Posts: 479 Deckhand
    Slapper there's plenty of Trout & Flounder west of the bridge. Early morn top water ought to be great for Trout. Good luck man.
    Life is a lot simpler when you plow around the stump.
  • Snapper SlapperSnapper Slapper Posts: 121 Deckhand
    donald811 wrote: »
    Slapper there's plenty of Trout & Flounder west of the bridge. Early morn top water ought to be great for Trout. Good luck man.

What is the bait and rigging of choice for the flounder? Are there any grass flats west of the bridge or should I focus on the docks? How about the bridge itself, anyone ever fished for sheephead around the pilings?

Thanks Donald!
  • matchdahatchmatchdahatch Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    anytime your in the PC area, take a look at the Panama City Fishing Group on Facebook, get latest info from over 140 local members.......just ask to join group