Skip to main content
Home Politics

Shocking, another racist Republican Congressman!

SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer

Just amazes me how racist the GOP continues to be.

Replies

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 28,892 AG
    Making that GOP tent bigger...

:grin
    Vote for the other candidate
  • ThrottleThrottle Posts: 2,847 Captain
    It's possible but unlikely that he intended to offend but it sounds as if he's merely ignorant as to how offensive he is, yet still boatloads smarter than our vice president. Thank goodness this guy is fairly irrelevant, unlike Joe Biden. "Buy a shotgun... buy a shotgun...fire two blasts..."
    It's hard to stay on topic sometimes Throttle.

:grin
  • gunby31gunby31 Posts: 5,777 Officer
    The GOP is being left behind. America is changing while republicans remain stagnant. It is really amazing to watch. First there is shock (2012 election)' then denial (now) and next will be implosion (2014 election). I predict the republican party will become a fringe party, a minority at best.
  • SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer
    Throttle wrote: »
    It's possible but unlikely that he intended to offend but it sounds as if he's merely ignorant as to how offensive he is, yet still boatloads smarter than our vice president. Thank goodness this guy is fairly irrelevant, unlike Joe Biden. "Buy a shotgun... buy a shotgun...fire two blasts..."

Post 3 and we have a but Biden . . . Classic.
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    Go ahead SWFL tell me you never called illegal alien workers from Mexico "wetbacks." If you tell me that I won't believe you.

Nice try at feigned outrage.

The doods mistake was no checking himself before he spoke so then he wouldn't have to "hear" the feigned outrage from people like you.
    Go ahead SWFL tell me you never called illegal alien workers from Mexico "wetbacks." If you tell me that I won't believe you.

The doods mistake was no checking himself before he spoke so then he wouldn't have to "hear" the feigned outrage from people like you.

The dude spoke from his heart, instead of having a filter. It is simply the way the GOP thinks. They get busted showing their true racist colors so now you think it is feigned outrage in a ever more vile attempt to stick up for the problems with America. This is what you don't get. It is not feigned outrage, it is simply a comparison of the GOP and Democratic Party.

As for me and words that I use, I appreciate the comparison, however I do not have a primary responsibility of steering the federal governments policies and laws.
    1. It is not feigned outrage, it is simply a comparison of the GOP and Democratic Party.

2. As for me and words that I use, I appreciate the comparison, however I do not have a primary responsibility of steering the federal governments policies and laws.

1. Bull crap. There are no racist in the DEMs. Right.

2. That has nothing to do with my point. You have either used the word or you have not. You using that excuse is just parroting what others have said.
  • ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 7,045 Admiral
    Post 3 and we have a but Biden . . . Classic.

That is two behind you libs and Bush's fault line.
    Deo Vindice

Way attract that Latino vote.
    Once a **** always a ****. The libs who preach tolerance are among the least tolerant people in the world. Perhaps even more intolerant than Muslims.

Just as the libs don't like illegal aliens called what they are, illegal aliens.
    Deo Vindice
  • Master BlasterMaster Blaster Posts: 381 Deckhand
    Interesting!! Was there such outrage when Hussein called his own grandfather a house n****r or uncle tom in his book? Thats right.....it's okay for a black man to use the words....never mind.
    1. Bull crap. There are no racist in the DEMs. Right.
    I cannot think of any.
    2. That has nothing to do with my point. You have either used the word or you have not. You using that excuse is just parroting what others have said.
    What was your point? That we should not hold our government representatives to a higher standard than some person you are bantering with on a Internet Forum?
    Interesting!! Was there such outrage when Hussein called his own grandfather a house n****r or uncle tom in his book? Thats right.....it's okay for a black man to use the words....never mind.

Same with Jew jokes.

But Obama.....
  • T HowardT Howard Posts: 1,658 Captain
    The dude spoke from his heart, instead of having a filter. It is simply the way the GOP thinks. They get busted showing their true racist colors so now you think it is feigned outrage in a ever more vile attempt to stick up for the problems with America. This is what you don't get. It is not feigned outrage, it is simply a comparison of the GOP and Democratic Party.

As for me and words that I use, I appreciate the comparison, however I do not have a primary responsibility of steering the federal governments policies and laws.

Dems make dumb statements too.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/01/29/msnbcs_finney_rails_against_crazy_crackers_on_the_right_using_hateful_language.html
    What was your point?

If you really don't know there is no hope for you but let me try once more. Let me connect the dots for you. You are feigning outrage for something, I bet, you have done yourself. That is called hypocritical.
    If you really don't know there is no hope for you but let me try once more. Let me connect the dots for you. You are feigning outrage for something, I bet, you have done yourself. That is called hypocritical.

Rubio can dance like the savior of the GOP, bring all Latinos with him, but it will never be enough to overcome the inbred bigotry of the old white GOPers.

Let me clarify something for you. Hypocrite is saying Government is too big and bloated and waste taxpayer $'s on projects that are not necessary, and then cashing the check from the government.
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    Rubio can dance like the savior of the GOP, bring all Latinos with him, but it will never be enough to overcome the inbred bigotry of the old white GOPers.[/Q

Inbreeding is better than mixed race breeding.
    Deo Vindice
    Parkerboy wrote: »
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    Rubio can dance like the savior of the GOP, bring all Latinos with him, but it will never be enough to overcome the inbred bigotry of the old white GOPers.[/Q

If you say so.

Are you smoking Crack?
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG

Who hasn't? Unfortunately, we have become a very thin-skinned society that parses every single word from the mouths of public officials. Personally, I'm not offended, maybe because I'm not a ****, but I kind of suspect most wetbacks aren't even aware he said it and would never be aware he said it without our liberal media ready to pounce on every word.
    Phlats, I agree. Too bad that SWFL, will not admit to some ginned up false outrage.
    I suspect the moral outrage the left feigns over words such as "****" is all show. They certainly are not shy about using much more vile names towards conservatives. In fact, anyone who disagrees with the agenda of the left is automatically labeled racist, repressed homosexual or a hater.
    Deo Vindice
  • MathGeekMathGeek Posts: 537 Officer
    I am a US citizen of hispanic descent, and no one I know of hispanic origins is greatly offended by the term "****" nor do we consider the use of the term to be racist.

We tend to view the term as indicating how a person got here (illegally) and not indicating a denigration of our ethnic origins. I think most of my family would view the term as insensitive perhaps, but not racist.

There is something of an ongoing political game being played as words get added to the group to help the PC enforcers identify racists. It's a kind of de facto formulation of ex post facto law: declare that certain words prove racist intent without having explicitly prohibited use of those words.
    “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" - The Messiah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,521 AG
    MathGeek wrote: »
    I am a US citizen of hispanic descent, and no one I know of hispanic origins is greatly offended by the term "****" nor do we consider the use of the term to be racist.

We tend to view the term as indicating how a person got here (illegally) and not indicating a denigration of our ethnic origins. I think most of my family would view the term as insensitive perhaps, but not racist.

There is something of an ongoing political game being played as words get added to the group to help the PC enforcers identify racists. It's a kind of de facto formulation of ex post facto law: declare that certain words prove racist intent without having explicitly prohibited use of those words.

Bravo! You get a gold star. Libs are going to hate you now. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Apparently the Speaker of the house agrees with me.

John Boehner On Don Young Racial Slur: 'There's No Excuse'

Multiple Republicans strongly condemned Rep. Don Young (R-Alaska) on Friday for his use of the slur "wetbacks" to refer to Latino farm workers, with House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) issuing statements rebuking the congressman's use of the term.

"Congressman Young’s remarks were offensive and beneath the dignity of the office he holds," Boehner said. "I don’t care why he said it -- there’s no excuse and it warrants an immediate apology."

Cornyn issued a similar comment.

"Migrant workers come to America looking for opportunity and a way to provide a better life for their families," Cornyn said. "They do not come to this country to hear ethnic slurs and derogatory language from elected officials. The comments used by Rep. Young do nothing to elevate our party, political discourse or the millions who come here looking for economic opportunity."

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said Young's words "emphatically do not represent the beliefs of the Republican Party."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/29/john-boehner-don-young_n_2979277.html

*********************************************************************************
    Looks like all you defenders are further evidence of being a super minority of the GOP.
    I suspect the moral outrage the left feigns over words such as "****" is all show. They certainly are not shy about using much more vile names towards conservatives. In fact, anyone who disagrees with the agenda of the left is automatically labeled racist, repressed homosexual or a hater.

What about all the Moral Outrage from the GOP? Is that Feigned as well?
  • T HowardT Howard Posts: 1,658 Captain
    What about all the Moral Outrage from the GOP? Is that Feigned as well?

And your outrage over "crazy crackers" comment by Finney? I see you sidestepped that one.