PC 3/28....don't bother

Went out of PC for cobia and whatever.....knew it was a long shot, but still pretty dead out there. The water temp was in the 63 degree range all the way out to 60-70 feet. Did manage to spot one free swimmer, but he was only interested in following jigs and pinfish....not eating them. Tripletail once again saved the day, but boy could we use some warm temps. If you stayed off the water today....good move. The kings are still out there, but I'm not really interested in kingfish....except the one those guys caught on the other thread...chuckle. Still beats working, but only just a little.....lol.

Ken
Tight lines y'all.......just rolling with the Tide!

Replies

• bay20bay20 Posts: 1,490 Officer
    Did you guys see any live bait out there and which direction were those kings at got to get something tuging on the line.
  • Off Shore DudeOff Shore Dude Posts: 303 Deckhand
    Thanks Ken,

Appreciate the report. I hope we get some Cobes with the warmer weather!

Rod
  • smithbama1221smithbama1221 Posts: 271 Officer
    bay20 wrote: »
    Did you guys see any live bait out there and which direction were those kings at got to get something tuging on the line.
    Saw HUGE pods of porpoises with gannets bombing them out by 8A. They were eating something, looked like pogies when the gannets came up to hock it down. Didn't see any bait pods except on the depth finder suspended about 20-30 feet down. Beautiful color changes with muddy/mixing with blue-green clear water about 8 miles out.....too cold to have anything but weeds and wishing thoughts on it. The kings were out by 8A and east of 8A. Last Saturday guys were catching kings on P.F. We need some heat in the worst way. Good luck guys....we are going out tomorrow, but may be more of a dolphin-watching trip than anything else (based on yesterday). Oh well
  • ACME Ventures FishingACME Ventures Fishing Posts: 851 Officer
    70 Deg water does not start till 25 miles, and 30 miles is only 71 deg. At 40 miles its 75 deg. Cold water line runs
    NNE from Sebastain (65 deg), through 8A and up/out. Seems this bubble is keeping the fish deeper and South.
    Pelican in to 40' may be decent.

I be starting at 30 miles Saturday and working deeper. Hopefully the wind shande (East) will stack up some weedlines
    along the Temp Break for us.
  • bay20bay20 Posts: 1,490 Officer
    thanks for the response i think those gannets are getting big threadfins seen them on the liberty a couple of weeks ago
  • seanfishseanfish Posts: 254 Deckhand
    70 Deg water does not start till 25 miles, and 30 miles is only 71 deg. At 40 miles its 75 deg. Cold water line runs
    NNE from Sebastain (65 deg), through 8A and up/out. Seems this bubble is keeping the fish deeper and South.
    Pelican in to 40' may be decent.

I be starting at 30 miles Saturday and working deeper. Hopefully the wind shande (East) will stack up some weedlines
    along the Temp Break for us.

100% Truth, they are there but you gotta go for a haul to find the warm water and the fish.
    Well....I'm going to head out that way on Saturday. It ain't nothing but $3.65 a gallon, right? Hopefully, I can find something that wants to eat. I am averaging one cobia sighting per trip....hopefully I can improve on my average tomorrow. Have a goody y'all.....
  • captrandycaptrandy Posts: 312 Deckhand
    ..It ain't nothing but $3.65 a gallon, right?.....
    Plus $37 a gallon for oil, but what the heck! Can't take it with ya. Heading east.
    Bad Fish Must Die!!
    Luckily I am running four strokes.....burnt 40 gallons today and only brought in tripletails....thank the Lord for those!
  • catchme1catchme1 Posts: 235 Deckhand
    Don't know what to target no cobes no kingfish what's a guy to other than keep trudging on.
    Well....talked to and saw some folks who did pretty darn good on dolphin and wahoo and the such yesterday. If I didn't have a boat full of ladies yesterday I would've probably gone out to the deep stuff to drag baits, but the cobia fishing is a little more laid back and relaxing.....and should be productive this time of the year. Oh well, there's always next week....my boys are coming down and we will get out there and get after them on Tuesday! Happy Easter y'all.

Ken
  • saltybumsaltybum Posts: 1,572 Captain
    Fishing with a boat load of ladies can't be all bad.
  • Big WormBig Worm Posts: 61 Deckhand
    saltybum wrote: »

We would need pictures to make that call.
  • fishboyfishboy Posts: 1,326 Officer
    haha
  • catchme1catchme1 Posts: 235 Deckhand
    can hardly wait until the dolphin actions picks up see a few at the docks but the guys bring them in arn't getting many chances
  • captrandycaptrandy Posts: 312 Deckhand
    Cobes and tripletail were slow for most but there was a monster king bite at mid/south Pelican yesterday.
    Bad Fish Must Die!!
  • RudefishRudefish Posts: 148 Officer
    Picked up 5 yesterday with these two at 18 &20lbs. The others were short. Left Sebastian at 1:30 and back by 4:30. 3 were on rays and 2 over bottom. I guess we got lucky!
    saltybum wrote: »

Ha! Fishing with the wife and her friend...not exactly a boatload, but I had to blame it on something, right? They were good sports, but when it starts getting silly-rough the bitc*#ing starts. Anyhow, glad for you guys that did find 'em. I know they are out there, just evidently not anywhere I was. Good luck gents!
    Rudefish wrote: »
    Picked up 5 yesterday with these two at 18 &20lbs. The others were short. Left Sebastian at 1:30 and back by 4:30. 3 were on rays and 2 over bottom. I guess we got lucky!

Nice job Rudefish! Maybe I should've kept heading South...Lol! Nicely done boys.