Skip to main content
Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Myself and Perlman1234 are hittin the water tomrw

Regular_guy0215Regular_guy0215 Senior MemberApollo beach/parrishPosts: 119 Officer
Trailering my boat and driving north over the skyway to either Maximo or oneils, haven't decided yet lol. Gonna get bait at skyway then head on east of the big ole bridge and hit some "secret spot"s LoL. (Said that for drews benefit). Hopefully gonna be a good day on the water. Anyways, will Letcha guys know how we fair out when we get done. Good night west coast gang and friends! :USA:USA
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]24ft custom re-built Tcraft. Runs shallow as hell and rides smooooth.

PROUD VETERAN. Now PLEASE help support a much less known organization called SOWF. (Special operations warrior foundation). Great group of people for such a great cause. Their website is www.specialops.org. :USA

Replies

• Mango ManMango Man Senior Member Tierra VerdePosts: 13,570 AG
    Catch em up. :beer

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • Regular_guy0215Regular_guy0215 Senior Member Apollo beach/parrishPosts: 119 Officer
    Mango Man wrote: »
    Catch em up. :beer

That sir is the objective. LoL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]24ft custom re-built Tcraft. Runs shallow as hell and rides smooooth.

PROUD VETERAN. Now PLEASE help support a much less known organization called SOWF. (Special operations warrior foundation). Great group of people for such a great cause. Their website is www.specialops.org. :USA
  • perlman1234perlman1234 Senior Member PompanoPosts: 1,449 Officer
    Gonna be a long day of fun no matter what. Hard to find any secret spots anymore in the bay. So they are not secret and am willing to point anyone who doesn't already know of course in the right direction. I had someone p.m. me the other week asking for a little help, he had no post on the forum(which always is a little weird), I replied to it gave him some advice which took all of five minutes. Didn't hurt me at all, dont think the advice I gave him is going to screw anyone over. Hell he didn't even say thank you or anything but I don't care. Just be willing to help others out that maybe do not know as much. That's after all what I thought of when I started on the forum. Share info, trips, and maybe make a couple of new fishing friends. On and off that note, I think we might try to see if any cobia want to play today. Hope they are around!
  • Capt. PantsCapt. Pants Senior Member Riverview, Fl.Posts: 667 Officer
    Gonna be a long day of fun no matter what. Hard to find any secret spots anymore in the bay. So they are not secret and am willing to point anyone who doesn't already know of course in the right direction. I had someone p.m. me the other week asking for a little help, he had no post on the forum(which always is a little weird), I replied to it gave him some advice which took all of five minutes. Didn't hurt me at all, dont think the advice I gave him is going to screw anyone over. Hell he didn't even say thank you or anything but I don't care. Just be willing to help others out that maybe do not know as much. That's after all what I thought of when I started on the forum. Share info, trips, and maybe make a couple of new fishing friends. On and off that note, I think we might try to see if any cobia want to play today. Hope they are around!
    You've never offered me crizzap!!! LOL
    Let me know how you guys did. Gonna head out tomorrow and do some searching.... hoping to find something worth bragging about on FS!!!
    Jimmy
  • tpintatpinta Senior Member TampaPosts: 174 Officer

I just moved my boat to Loggerhead from Palm Harbor. I fish around the skyway all the time. I could use all help your willing to give. Oh, and THANK YOU!!
    2012 SeaHunt Ultra
    TJ
  • NOTyourSPOTNOTyourSPOT Senior Member Posts: 232 Officer

Do you know where secretspot fishes? He seems to find himself in the thick of things regularly
  • greg123168greg123168 Senior Member lakelandPosts: 291 Deckhand
    The tides coming in all the way till 2:30 in the afternoon, am I correct in seeing this ? New at reading tide charts.... What about water temps ?
    was thinkung about going myself
    2020 sportsman 282te
    First, let me say this. Jon is a cool guy and will definitely fish with him again whenever his boat is ready. Feel bad for the guy, everything that could have went wrong did. I will let him tell it if he wants to but understand if he doesn't.

Pants you crazy **** the only thing I will help you out with is a free bundle of bananas for your boat! Maybe if you asked me for advice/help/or anything else I would for sure let you know. To my knowledge I didn't think you needed any! Sucka, hope you have good luck I probably saw 100 redfish today when I found a new spot..... problem was that I ran them over! There was some huge 30+inchers mixed in with the mullet schools too.

Tpinta send me a p.m. THANK YOU

Notyospot, i dont want this to easily turn into a secretspot hate bashing. Not my intentions, even if him and I do not see eye to eye on a lot of things. Dude catches fish, so do I. We all have sacred spots we go to. Having a boat, if someone is in a spot I fish on the regular I will just motor up somewhere else. It is not a big deal really if one spot is taken.

Greg crazy good tides the next couple days as well. Go catch them up... I am debating going again as well. Especially after seeing those reds today.
    Perlman, you should see if Greg will get you out on his bad jazzed ride... and I'll follow!! LOL.... I'm taking a female angler out tomorrow whom I've met once. Says she's got game. Definitely has the gear I dream about... fishing gear that is. Talks the talk... I'm outta Maximo 7am. You got my number. For a good time call!!! ;-)
    Send Greg a smoke signal if you can, cause he's anti phone and IM.. or, maybejustfor me?? Hmmmm....
    Shearwaters are some really nice boats! Greg are you catching fish on the regular?
    met you once and isnt returning phone calls???? not good for you
  • SouthshoreSlayerSouthshoreSlayer Senior Member Ruskin, FlPosts: 408 Deckhand
    Did you guys get bait at the Skyway as planned? If so how was it getting bait? I only ask because I am going out Monday and just remembered I am almost out of Purina :banghead
  • greg123168greg123168 Senior Member lakelandPosts: 291 Deckhand
    Shearwaters are some really nice boats! Greg are you catching fish on the regular?

No not really...very new at this so still learning, but I do love to give it my best....and its not you captain pants I stay very busy, so I'm nt on the computer that much, sorry. And I would of been there saturday morning if someone would of not filled my 250 diesel with full tank of gas, had to get a tow truck to come and get me early sat morning
    2020 sportsman 282te
    greg123168 wrote: »
    No not really...very new at this so still learning, but I do love to give it my best....and its not you captain pants I stay very busy, so I'm nt on the computer that much, sorry. And I would of been there saturday morning if someone would of not filled my 250 diesel with full tank of gas, had to get a tow truck to come and get me early sat morning
    I know Greg.... you don't do phones. We talked about that while fishing as you mentioned your ALWAYS on the phone. No worries. Just clowning as usual. We fished ALL DAY Saturday for a whopping Redfish, Trout, Macks, Ladyfish, and a LOT of searching.... I'll be at it again Saturday weather permitting....
  • secretspotsecretspot Senior Member Posts: 377 Officer
    Do you know where secretspot fishes? He seems to find himself in the thick of things regularly

all you had to do was ask-
    tiera verde/fort d/joes island/clambar/pinellas point/ flats n of gandy/bay pines/joes creek/4th st/cypress point/rocky creek/skyway/johns pass
    have fun those are all great spots!
    Jon Brooks Wade Fishing Guide Service/Consult Trips
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/wadefishermancom/196439137047692?__req=5
  • Regular_guy0215Regular_guy0215 Senior Member Apollo beach/parrishPosts: 119 Officer
    First, let me say this. Jon is a cool guy and will definitely fish with him again whenever his boat is ready. Feel bad for the guy, everything that could have went wrong did. I will let him tell it if he wants to but understand if he doesn't.
    Batteries, hydraulic steering both top and bottom went out, and then ticket at ramp then overheated truck. Fml

• Elk ChaserElk Chaser Senior Member Depends(no,not in them)Posts: 173 Deckhand
    Batteries, hydraulic steering both top and bottom went out, and then ticket at ramp then overheated truck. Fml

Its gotta get better after all that. I blew my motor under the skyway last year, and I learned how much seatow cost.
    Elk Chaser wrote: »
    Its gotta get better after all that. I blew my motor under the skyway last year, and I learned how much seatow cost.

Yeh it's gotten better i suppose