Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

Destin next week

I will be in Destin for the week of April 1 - 7. I'm bringing my bay boat and my kayak for a little me time alone. I'm staying at the MWR and wanted to see if anyone could point me in the direction of some back country near there. Looking to throw some topwaters early and then fish the back water or flats for whatever in the kayak a day or two. Just got it and tried it out for the first time two weeks ago over here near St Aug. Love the peacefulness of it. What a cool way to fish! It is a bit of work if the spot is far away but I figured I'd have my buddy drop me off after taxi'ing me in the big boat to get closer.

I've been to Destin twice and know the area a little bit from the MWR out to Crab Island and a little way out past the jetties. Hoping to have some great weather and good luck with some cobias and bottom fishing.

Any local info will be greatly appreciated and I have no prob buying some cold beers for the favor. I'm not looking for or expecting anybody's private numbers, just point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.
O'Malley