ponce inlet

ill be fishing the inlet from the south jetty, im from down south so i need some info.
I here theres redfish holding there
what would be the best choice of bait? mullet? shrimp?
if mullet are there mullet around that ill be able to cast net, any info on fishing this area would be appreciated thanks

Replies

• hodgie2411hodgie2411 Posts: 244 Deckhand
    I have been fishing a little to the North of the Inlet and the Mullet have been thick, so I would think they would be around to throw the net. If you can get to the bait shop before hand some select shrimp are always great to have and lets face what doesn't eat shrimp. I have a buddy that has been using quartered blue crab and been killing it in the inlet.
    You also may want to try a little to the West of the Jetties on the beach where the Inlet flows through, there are some great sloughs that hold fish. Check out the Daytona Beach News Journal puts out a decent fishing report on Fridays that is worth a read online and will at least point you in the right direction.
    You may want to try and move this post to General Fishing vs the great Fishing Report I foresee you posting in the future.......
  • ifishifish Posts: 132 Deckhand
    thanks for the info, ill post up if i catch anything worthy.
  • Ram1Ram1 Posts: 28 Greenhorn
    The fishing for reds has been terrible at the NSB Jetties over the last few weeks. Havent seen or caught much. The flounder was solid for a bit then slowed down after the nasty weather. Gonna probably face the wind tomorrow or the next day.