Home Diver's Corner

Pole spear

monoxidemonoxide Posts: 1,094 Officer
So me and my brother in law decided to have a yard sale and I found a dresser some one was trashing that was in perfect condition so I sold it for 10 bucks and my buddy was selling a pole spear so I grabbed that off him. I have never spear fished before but really want to learn. It has a double flapper tip I believe it is called. The whole tip is loose and kind of rocks around on the shaft I was wondering is it supposed to do that if not how can I fix it. Also the tip is dull is that supposed to be dull or should I sharpen it? I was spearing McDonald's cups today and got the aim down a little would like to practice on some thing more fish like tho before jumping in the water. Any one have any tips and tricks they wouldn't mind sharing with a newbie.
ted.gif
ted.gif

Replies

• ThinmanThinman Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    Loose and dull is never good in life. McDonald's cups will be the only thing falling prey to you and your weapon if that is the case. As for practice, there's nothing that replaces on the job training when it comes to a pole spear. Learn the reg's, know your species, dive with a competent partner, and enjoy the water. Even if you don't take home any fish, you'll learn and get to enjoy the experience.
  • monoxidemonoxide Posts: 1,094 Officer
    I used some 5 min loc tight epoxy on the tip and it doesn't move now. Just need to sharpen it. The water is to cold for me right now to go diving.
    ted.gif
    ted.gif
  • Kapt.HookKapt.Hook Posts: 431 Deckhand
    spearfishingplanet.com spearboard.com deeperblue.com
    IMG_1519.jpg