Home Tropics

Bottom fishing guide wanted out of Settlement Point Bahamas

CNTDRCNTDR Great Harbor Cay, BahamasPosts: 891 Officer
Can anyone recommend a professional bottom fishing guide out of the West End area? I have heard of a dude that goes by the name of "Moses". Has anyone used him, and if so what was your opinion?
Great Harbor Cay, Berry Islands, Bahamas
pm me for rental info.

Replies

• flatsfisherflatsfisher Posts: 1,381 Officer
    Are you looking to take a boat over and need a guide? or do you want to have a bahamian take you out on his boat once you are there like a charter?
  • CNTDRCNTDR Great Harbor Cay, BahamasPosts: 891 Officer
    I always take my boat over there. Just looking for a rec on an experienced Bahamian based reef fishing guide on my boat. I do appreciate your interest Flatsfisher :-)
    pm me for rental info.
  • Next LevelNext Level Posts: 2,964 Captain
    CNTDR wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a professional bottom fishing guide out of the West End area? I have heard of a dude that goes by the name of "Moses". Has anyone used him, and if so what was your opinion?
    He put us on some bugs a couple years ago but didn't do to well on the yellowtails. I guess I would say he did okay. He'll guide you to a general area where the bottom looks good but it doesn't necessarily produce fish. I imagine he , like most guides from west end, don't have boats with electronics and do everything from line of sight. It's a pretty big area and not a lot of reference points.
  • FWCSnookFWCSnook Posts: 886 Officer
    What are you targeting? Perhaps we can guide you in the right direction (no pun intended).
    snapper and grouper with a Bahamas based guide
    pm me for rental info.
    Hi Cory, just looking to improve my catch of yellowtails, muttons and grouper on the reef. Water depth would be less than 125'. Unfortunately, there have been at least one long range fish trap boat in that area for the last couple of years. They have decimated the reef fishing from Settlement Point northward near Memory Rock :-(
    pm me for rental info.
  • Hotfoot5Hotfoot5 Posts: 52 Greenhorn
    Try Dave Dawson at Bombos fishing charters. He got a house on the Bootle Bay canal.
  • Capt KurtCapt Kurt Posts: 410 Deckhand
    :smiley-computer
    visit Pure Pilates in Fort Lauderdale - http://www.pure-pilates.net
    Hotfoot5 wrote: »
    Try Dave Dawson at Bombos fishing charters. He got a house on the Bootle Bay canal.

Thanks, however i left him a message and never heard back from him. Prob on "Bahamas Time". lol..
    pm me for rental info.
  • Buccanr1Buccanr1 Posts: 437 Deckhand
    CNTDR wrote: »
    Thanks, however i left him a message and never heard back from him. Prob on "Bahamas Time". lol..

Moses is pretty good. My dad uses him sometimes for an extra hand. Problem is he wants captain money sometimes.