Bloomberg is insane - Page 3

Florida Sportsman

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by razorreilly09 View Post
    How would someone's irresponsibility by consuming soda impose on you?
    http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/obesity-...nces/economic/

Are you an employer paying insurance fees? How does someone's choice to consume soda personally impact you?
    "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."
    "An it harm none, do as ye will."
    "The mind is everything. What you think you become."

Are you an employer paying insurance fees? How does someone's choice to consume soda personally impact you?
    Yes, I am an employer and I pay for employee insurance. Extreme bad behavior such as drinking too much soda impacts all of us with the disease and medical problems it causes and treatment it requires. Certainly, government regulation will never prevent my freedom from being eroded by the irresponsibility of others, but it's better than nothing.

Your employees are your responsibility, not mine and their personal preferences and health choices do not, or at least should not in any way affect me. With government regulation such as obamacare that promote an irresponsible lifestyle and health choices knowing that those that don't have insurance that now would (thanks to people like me) can now live their lives more recklessly thanks to those (like me) that are now finding their insurance.
    These types of regulations again affect people like me, who is more healthy (physically) than 99% of this forum, instead of letting those who choose to live irresponsibly take responsibilities for their own actions.
    "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."

Your employees are your responsibility, not mine and their personal preferences and health choices do not, or at least should not in any way affect me. With government regulation such as obamacare that promote an irresponsible lifestyle and health choices knowing that those that don't have insurance that now would (thanks to people like me) can now live their lives more recklessly thanks to those (like me) that are now finding their insurance.
    These types of regulations again affect people like me, who is more healthy (physically) than 99% of this forum, instead of letting those who choose to live irresponsibly take responsibilities for their own actions.
    You can make up any scenario you wish, but the lifestyle choice that promote bad heath impact all of us including you. You idea that that Obamacare promotes unhealthy life choices are simply not true or at the lest not prove-able.

Additionally, claiming that you are more healthy than 99% of the forum members seems just to be your imagination at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister-Jr View Post
    Certainly, government regulation will never prevent my freedom from being eroded by the irresponsibility of others, but it's better than nothing.

Additionally, claiming that you are more healthy than 99% of the forum members seems just to be your imagination at work.
    I'll up that and say 99.5% here.
    "The Chief Executive is acting as an Imperial President, without regard to his citizens, only caring about his agenda."

You can make up any scenario you wish, but the lifestyle choice that promote bad heath impact all of us including you. You idea that that Obamacare promotes unhealthy life choices are simply not true or at the lest not prove-able.

You're correct. Their choices do affect me, financially more than anything, thanks to government.
    You're also correct about my statement which is unfair to the members of this forum. What I should of stated is that statistically, Im more physically healthy than 99% of the US population and that I still don't promote government intervention on people's lifestyle and diet choices.

You're correct. Their choices do affect me, financially more than anything, thanks to government.
    You're also correct about my statement which is unfair to the members of this forum. What I should of stated is that statistically, Im more physically healthy than 99% of the US population and that I still don't promote government intervention on people's lifestyle and diet choices.
    I wish it were a perfect world, or at least a more responsible country, people would make an effort at doing the right things rather have decisions forced on the them by a too big government.

The top ten states for smoking and obesity are all small government red states being supported by so-called big government blue states.

.......and your point is exactly...........what?
    "I'm not a physicist." ~ ac2020

"It's a shame PACs cannot simply lie and get away with it." ~ SWFL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast