Have you used this particular chum before?

Florida Sportsman

Talking Have you used this particular chum before?

Hi All. Wanted to know if anybody out there has used the Tournament Master Chum? I see it in my local bait & tackle shop for $7 for a 7 lb. block. I have always used the other chum (Virginia ??) for $6 for a 7 lb. block. Is this Tournament Master Chum worth the extra dollar? I never tried it before. It has menhaden milk in it.

Feedback/comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

works fine! Personally I think you're wasting your time with chum. I'm familiar with where your fishing & think that the chum is only going to feed fish nearby not necessarily attract them. When I was a kid we lived on the water & what worked best was scraps, every meals leftovers go right into the water. This will not only attract more fish since it's larger pieces but it will also fatten them up. The water behind your house moves very fast & the chum is just washing away versus the way it's made to be used over a wreck or reef. Your doing just fine since it appears your learning & having fun at it.

Quote Originally Posted by copout@castaways View Post
    works fine! Personally I think you're wasting your time with chum. I'm familiar with where your fishing & think that the chum is only going to feed fish nearby not necessarily attract them. When I was a kid we lived on the water & what worked best was scraps, every meals leftovers go right into the water. This will not only attract more fish since it's larger pieces but it will also fatten them up. The water behind your house moves very fast & the chum is just washing away versus the way it's made to be used over a wreck or reef. Your doing just fine since it appears your learning & having fun at it.
    Yeah I hear you about table scraps. I do it all the time. Threw some chicken breast scraps in my crabtrap & within minutes here come the Jack Crevalles circling around. Being a beginner I know that throwing scraps will attract the fish & fatten them up.