Recovery Killer? Gas Prices Barrel Toward $4 a Gallon - Page 3

Florida Sportsman

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RRR View Post
    I am putting 70 bucks in my truck every 5 weekdays
    Ouch...and it's still rising.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by abovebored View Post
    interesting how average mpg was higher in the mid 80's than mid 2000's (if im reading this right anyway) Is this due to soccer moms with suvs?

The downturn is light trucks. I believe reagan increased the tax breaks for business.

I cut my fuel bill.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1361388035116.jpg  

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by CaptTater View Post
    You have to do much better. How many people are reentering the workforce? How many people are hiring vs laying off? How many people are increasing hours of part timers to full vs decreasing full to part time to reduce their government healthcare costs?
    Your rose colored glasses make you look a little silly.
    from one of the links posted:

Friday's report offers a mixed view of the labor market. January's data which show job growth decelerating, but revisions to 2012 figures show that employers were adding to payrolls faster than originally thought.

For all of last year, the economy added an average of 181,000 jobs a month, according to updated figures, better than the 153,000 pace originally reported. Underscoring that improvement, December's payroll figures were revised to a gain of 196,000 from an initially reported 155,000, while November increased to 247,000 from 161,000.

The change to last year's numbers in part reflects the Labor Department's annual benchmark revision, which incorporates newly available tax records. From April 2011 to March 2012, the economy added about 422,000 more jobs than previously believed.

Still, payrolls aren't rising fast enough to dent the unemployment rate, which showed that 12.3 million Americans who wanted a job couldn't find one last month. The rate increased as more people entered the work force.....

The latest snapshot of the labor market comes against a backdrop of slow economic growth. U.S. gross domestic product—the broadest measure of economic output—shrank in the fourth quarter of last year. For the whole year, economic activity expanded 2.2%, a fairly meager pace that may be repeated in 2013.

The housing industry is rebounding and business investment appears solid, but government cutbacks have weighed on the economy and consumer attitudes have soured. That has led many economists to forecast a slow start to 2013, followed by faster growth in the second half.

Friday's report showed that private companies added 166,000 jobs in January, accounting for all of the month's gains. Employment increased in retail, construction, health care and wholesale trade. Manufacturing saw a small gain of 4,000 jobs.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...175297276.html

as manufacturing picks up, as it is, the hiring and payroll increases will continue

fuel prices are getting worse
    couple that with 8% unemployment, terrorism on the rise,
    and a president who wants us all to cut back while
    he sends his wife and kids to the most expensive ski resort
    in North America and himself to host an all-expense paid
    golf outing with Tiger Woods, and you have one really bad
    recipe for recovery

the next four years are gonna be rough

My scooter's mpg dropped from 75 to 65. I guess its time to change the spark plug, clean the air filter and reem the exhaust

My boss said cut the fuel exspense so were using the phone more, I hope my customers understand.

I am just hoping that people who voted for bronco bommer
    will learn from this and begin to actually listen to their candidate
    during the campaigns instead of listening to the media

Not. The world is full of idiots and trough feeders.

it won't matter, the corporations are only going to appoint presidents that will do their bidding
    the presidents don't call the shots

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast