Language Protien - Why Women Talk More Than Men

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Language Protien - Why Women Talk More Than Men

No kidding. The folks at Science World Report published an article explaining that women speak about 3 times as many words per day than men (20k vs 7k) due to a higher level of a "language protein". Nurture vs nature takes another blow. Biological imperative/adaptive significance?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln

Oh, I can't wait for Scrubs' response to this.
    FS Forum member since January 4, 2003
    Member #12478

Some might need this option.

It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer it.~Thomas Sowell

Protein, not protien. I before e is not the case here. Spell check should know that even if you don't.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I buck this spell check very very very often.

It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer it.~Thomas Sowell

My wife & daughter have rollover words similar to some cellular plans.....

Senior Member Gary S. Colecchio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Demere View Post
    No kidding. The folks at Science World Report published an article explaining that women speak about 3 times as many words per day than men (20k vs 7k) due to a higher level of a "language protein". Nurture vs nature takes another blow. Biological imperative/adaptive significance?
    Its because we can only bear to listen to a third of what they say. It's like fish bearing millions of fry to ensure one or two survive .
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Protein, not protien. I before e is not the case here. Spell check should know that even if you don't.
    I got it wrong in the title and right in the body of my comment. My cup is half full.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary S. Colecchio View Post
    Its because we can only bear to listen to a third of what they say. It's like fish bearing millions of fry to ensure one or two survive .

Dat tru
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast