DHS Purchasing Targets of Average Civilian Gun Owners - Page 4

Florida Sportsman

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by old thompson View Post
    How come they all whitey?
    because we don't complain about stupid crap.. well pete does.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "

Peter did his toogle research. He saw the other ariticles that list 1.6 billion rounds. He chose to ignore them. He's just in a mood today. I'm guessing a spat with his husband, or maybe just a heavy flow day.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptTater View Post
    Did you read that link? The argument that it's not a huge amount is bunk. 1B for DHS only.. maybe not.. maybe so.

Homeland Security has contracted to buy up to 450 million .40-caliber bullets -- and that total exceeds the nation’s population. Significantly, though, the purchase contract covers five years; there’s no indication the agency is piling up the bullets in a hurry.

To wrap things up, instead of the ridiculous claim of “21.6 MILLION rounds of ammunition” being ordered by the Department of Homeland Security, the actual total is 240 THOUSAND rounds (100k + 100k + 40k).

Quote Originally Posted by gandrfab View Post

great clip
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclist View Post
    To wrap things up, instead of the ridiculous claim of “21.6 MILLION rounds of ammunition” being ordered by the Department of Homeland Security, the actual total is 240 THOUSAND rounds (100k + 100k + 40k).
    so you say you post a source and it's wrong by a factor of 10?
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "

Quote Originally Posted by CaptTater View Post
    so you say you post a source and it's wrong by a factor of 10?
    The source I posted has pdfs of all the actual federal requests for the ammo.

The source I posted has pdfs of all the actual federal requests for the ammo.
    SO they created a contract for 450M and you saw requests for $240k, your link says the contract is UP TO 450M in .40 (only, what about other calibers?) and you say it's wrong? That's rich. Here is a larger cut/paste. Their "RULING" is that it's up 450M and they say the false part is the intent. You won't believe even the "facts" you put up.. amazing ability, you should work on grants and contracts.

Our ruling

Homeland Security has contracted to buy up to 450 million .40-caliber bullets -- and that total exceeds the nation’s population. Significantly, though, the purchase contract covers five years; there’s no indication the agency is piling up the bullets in a hurry.

More significantly, we found nothing to support the email’s ominous suggestions. Rather, the large size of the contract is explained as a way for the government to buy in bulk to save money on ammunition used routinely for training officers in a wide variety of agencies.

We rate the email Mostly False.

Should I post a PDF of the Navy buying a bolt and we'll say they only bought one bolt? That's exactly what you are trying.

exposing idiots that encourage entitlement
    You are a nut job. I can tell from the words you used.
    why? were they all Big?

I don't need no stinkin' DHS targets. Here's my pistol range.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/trmcinvale/th_sig22.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/big-bend/dp/1456453270

Thread killer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jALYM.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	72953

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast